Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Operate PS3 with Beo4.

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

graemeben
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 132
Bronze Member
graemeben Posted: Sat, Oct 20 2012 1:17 PM

Hi everyone. Is it possible to operate the Sony PS3 with a Beo4? I think I have read somewhere on this forum a while ago there  is a 3rd party device that will allow this. Do you have to also own a Beovision HD tv to control this? 

If  anyone has experience of this please let me know. Thanks.

tompa
Not Ranked
Posts 64
Bronze Member
tompa replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 2:27 PM

You need to have b&o tv and then you can buy this:

http://www.re-bl.com/default.asp?show=supportdetail&ProductID=1&SupportID=32

or maybe you can by 238 converter from lintronic to use instead of b&o tv (convert beo4 code to re-bl code)

if they not have that in standard they probely can fix that for you

graemeben
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 132
Bronze Member
graemeben replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:43 PM

Thanks. I have been thinking about getting a Lintronic for a while now so maybe I'll contact them first and see if the re-bi is compatible. I guess if so the 238 converts signal for the re-bi which then converts for the PS3. Hope there isn't too much lag between signals. 

Thanks for your advice.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:56 AM
Hi, I managed to do this by buying a logitech adaptor on ebay, it works on the logitech codes so will not work with the PIUC. To control it I downloaded the logitech commands into my Lintronic box and this did the trick. The PS3 is connected to an Avant via a code quality sony av out cable to SCART so displays an excellent picture, the Lintronic box is connected via the Ground and PIN8 pins on the scart, so the result is that the Lintronic picks up the commands via DVD sockets on the AVANT and relays the infrared to the Logitech box where it gets converted to bluetooth and onto the PS3. It works perfectly and is fast and can be controlled from any room. You don't need to download all the commands, just navigation and the PS button and the X and O etc. SOny remotes seem full of useless commands, and of course nice not to have to put glasses on to use the remote! I had the Lintronic box anyway, but the other PS3 converter can be controllled by the PUC so is maybe a cheaper way of doing this with less hardware.
jkhamler
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 286
Bronze Member
jkhamler replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 9:05 AM

Hi Graeme,

I also use the Logitech Harmony with my V1/Beo4. and it's fine for basic commands (which is all I use anyway - navigating the menus and start/stop/FFwd/Rewind). There's a little bit of a lag, but it's OK.

Jonathan

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member
You can control a ps3 via a 'Schwartz' device that plugs into the USB. The ps3 is Bluetooth but this converts it to IR. I control mine via a beo5 not for gaming but for basic integration when watching a DVD/ bluray.

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

Joachim
Not Ranked
Southwest USA
Posts 9
Gold Member
Joachim replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:22 AM

You could always go for a Bossbridge for B&O/PS3 from Bosscom, if I recall correctly they run about $129 USD

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:14 PM
I would recommend the RE:BL device - it is ready out of the box to work with B&O puc codes and it can switch the PS3 on and off. Costs around £65.

It stands for Remote:Bluetooth btw!
BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:49 PM
I use RE-BL with Bv10 and PS3 since two and a half years. It´s just great and the customer service is excellent.

It can work on batteries or power supply. What else ?

Gregory
Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:02 PM
BeoGreg:

I use RE-BL with Bv10 and PS3 since two and a half years. It´s just great and the customer service is excellent.

It can work on batteries or power supply. What else ?

Gregory Since 1995 : too much to re-write on the new site. Various Beosounds, Beovisions, Beolabs, Beocords, Beocoms...

I'll second that, excellent product completely plug and play compatible with B&O

fantastic support

I use its battery power option
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS