Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang-Olufsen , I want to pay money for a new software!

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

claudiu
Top 500 Contributor
copenhagen
Posts 193
Bronze Member
claudiu Posted: Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:29 PM

Don't you think it would be cool if beosoun5 would get the same software  like beovision 11 media ???

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 2:19 PM

I am also wondering, if we buy a premium product from B&O that is basically SW controlled, like BS5 and BV11, would B&O continue to development the SW in these products?

If yes, will they require some kind of upgrade fee in the future?

This is indeed an interesting path for B&O.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 2:20 PM

Lovely wish Claudiu, but, sadly it will never happen. BS5 was dated before it even hit the shelves. It arrived in the bad, highly uncertainly days of B&O when there was no integrity or direction. In a way its' customers were guinea pigs.

Sadly for a device to do things that the BV11 would do, you really need to be looking at a company that knows software and how it implement it, how to make it work and how to rectify problems quickly and that at the moment really is Apple. And that's why the iPhone or iPad does well - because it works. And of course, it works with B&O speakers or streamers such as the A8.

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 1:01 AM
personaltrainerpaul:

Sadly for a device to do things that the BV11 would do, you really need to be looking at a company that knows software and how it implement it, how to make it work and how to rectify problems quickly and that at the moment really is Apple. And that's why the iPhone or iPad does well - because it works.

Hardly! I was really happy with my iPhone 4s until I took Apple's advice and installed iOS 6 - now my wifi is rubbish and Airplay almost never works! It was the same on the last iOS 5 update until they fixed it. Shocking software from the worlds largest company - just google 'airplay issues ios 6'

And the new maps software is so bad even the CEO had to make a worldwide public apology!

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 543
Bronze Member
Hmmmm. No Jobs may just mean no jobs!
Rookie
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member
Rookie replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:55 PM

Check out "create 5" ... it works really great with Beosound/Beomaster and all other sources like NAS etc.pp.

It is 40€ though.

Regards

Tom

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
Posts 4,770
Bronze Member

Is the two way remote feature on Beo6 and Beosound 5 out yet?

Too long to list.... 

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 3:55 PM

bayerische:

Is the two way remote feature on Beo6 and Beosound 5 out yet?

Yes.  It has been out for quite some time and, IMHO, works very well. 

Stan 

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 9:17 PM
I would still prefer an app like creation 5. But developed with direct integration and not via dnla.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS