Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 8 Freeview Card

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Unclenuts
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Unclenuts Posted: Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:20 PM

I have been using my Beovision 8 26" happily as a computer monitor but now want to use it as a TV again and am looking to source a second hand / cheap freeview module.

Can anyone suggest where I can source one as I have been informed B&O have stopped making them.

Thanks

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 6:24 PM

Take a look at your connections menu to see whether your TV is already set-up with a STB-C module or the later PUC module. If the former you should find a long list of up to 60 boxes, of which two or three will be for Freeview. If you have the later PUC module you should find a much smaller selection to pick from, but all relevant. Choose a Freeview box to match one of the boxes already listed. The later PUC can be updated by a B&O dealer to suit most current Freeview boxes if only old boxes are listed. The original STB-C can be updated to a point by having a later module put into the TV, but, depending upon the age of your BV8, it is likely that you will still have a relatively limited choice of boxes, some of which may now be out of date and only obtainable second hand.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS