Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Lutron Rania

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

liviu_o
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member
liviu_o Posted: Sat, Oct 27 2012 4:59 PM

Hi! I would like to buy some Lutron Rania IR dimmers in order to use them with my Beo4 and I have some questions:

- do I need specific light bulbs?

- Can I control 2 dimmers in same room?

-my electric net in living room have 2 zones and I have 2 switches for each: I can turn on the light on switch 1 and turn  it off at switch 2. Can I use a Lutron Rania IR only for 1 switch and let the mechanical switch 2 in place? would that work or I have to have 2 Lutron's at each end?

Thank you!

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
plumber77 replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 5:35 PM

I have just installed one in my kitchen. It simply replaces a light switch.

I have 11 spotlights working off it though it allows a 450watt maximum through it so I reduced 9 spots 20 20 watt and 2 at 50watts.

It is possible as far as I can tell from the instructions to set one up as a master and one as a slave.

It's a great bit of kit

liviu_o
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member
liviu_o replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 7:10 PM

Thanks Plumber.

I found this: "

1. It is possible to use the Rania with existing 2-way switches for remote on/off switching only."

That means that for living I can use them only to turn on/off the lightning and no dimming?  

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
plumber77 replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 7:48 PM

I'm not sure I'd have to dig out the instructions. I am only using one on it's own with no other switching on the circuit

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS