Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram CDX behaving

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz Posted: Sun, Oct 28 2012 2:37 PM

Hello!

All of a sudden, my Beogram CDX started to behave strangely. This morning when I wanted to play a CD the sound was all hiss distortion and spitting, all to a very high level, much higher than when it plays music normally. I switched it off, on again, same problem. Off-On again and it worked normally.

Any clues please?

Found that: http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/21915/164072.aspx#164072

...but of course it was never explained. Please everyone when you solve a problem—or not—tell the community! Whistle

Jacques

tamtapir
Top 150 Contributor
Örebro, Sweden
Posts 521
Gold Member
tamtapir replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 3:17 PM

They are strange, those CDX´s, aren’t they? When I use mine, after the lid has closed, I have to gently put my hand on the left side of the lid. Otherwise it wont start… Confused

/***

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 3:21 PM

Oh, that!

Easy to fix and well explained in the service manual. The lid height must be slightly off, or the rubber damping pads were changed for higher ones?

Jacques

tamtapir
Top 150 Contributor
Örebro, Sweden
Posts 521
Gold Member
tamtapir replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 7:06 PM

Yes! Thank You! That can almost be a funny exercise but it must wait until tomorrow evening.

I also saw that there was a quick guide how to replace surface mounted components in the same manual! That have to wait a little bit longer!

Thanks again!

/***

auric
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
auric replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:16 PM

Hi:

Looks like the capacitors are going.

CDX runs at very high temperature. It was also very old unit so the caps have been cooking for a long time, particularly in the power supply section.

Best to recap the whole thing.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 10:23 PM

chartz:
All of a sudden, my Beogram CDX started to behave strangely. This morning when I wanted to play a CD the sound was all hiss distortion and spitting, all to a very high level, much higher than when it plays music normally.

I once had the same experience...but then I realized that I had loaded a CD with 'Motörhead' ...Laughing Whistle

But, seriously - it's probably some capacitor problems, as mentioned above. I think it has been discussed here on Beoworld earlier.
Try searching 'CDX'  in the old forum. I don't have the time now - but if I find the link, I'll post it here.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 8:16 AM

Rivet vias !
They provide ground connection to a lot of circuits on the boards and if ground connection fails the affected circuit literally
floats around out of control. Some of the circuits are DAC and audio amplifiers and they can easily show these
symptoms if not properly grounded.

Martin

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 8:20 AM

Hi Martin!

Mmmm... I must have forgotten one or two then! Embarrassed

I'll do that when the CD50 motor is done. 

Thanks!

Jacques

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS