Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

24 Hours of Le Mans

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker Posted: Sat, Jun 16 2018 5:51 PM
Our boys at Le Mans are running into some trouble....

Beosound 9000 MK III, Beosound Century, Beogram 5005, Beolab 8000, Beolab 5000,  Beolab 4000, Beolab 5, Beovision 8, Beovision 10, Beovision 5, Beoplay A2, Beoplay E8, Beoplay H6.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Jun 16 2018 5:58 PM

Thread moved.  (We strive to keep the General forum section on B&O related topics).

Martin

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Sat, Jun 16 2018 10:16 PM
Sorry, I just figured since it was the B&O sponsored car it would be appropriate.

Beosound 9000 MK III, Beosound Century, Beogram 5005, Beolab 8000, Beolab 5000,  Beolab 4000, Beolab 5, Beovision 8, Beovision 10, Beovision 5, Beoplay A2, Beoplay E8, Beoplay H6.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Sat, Jun 16 2018 10:52 PM

Tucker:
Sorry, I just figured since it was the B&O sponsored car it would be appropriate.

What if the problem was software?

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Sat, Jun 16 2018 10:53 PM

Tucker:

What if the problem was software?

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sat, Jun 16 2018 10:56 PM
Promoting such nonsense (racing cars, noisy, polluting and of no public use—please spare me the car industry progress argument) in 2018 is really a shame.

Yes I live in France, and I find it a shame that those awful circuits still exist at all.

A small victory, however, is that they are now subjected to the neighbouring noise level regulation.

Something I’m proud of Smile

As an aside, that B&O should inject any money at all in racing cars is a disgrace for the company we used to love and look up to.

Jacques

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 1:57 AM
chartz:

Promoting such nonsense (racing cars, noisy, polluting and of no public use—please spare me the car industry progress argument) in 2018 is really a shame.

Yes I live in France, and I find it a shame that those awful circuits still exist at all.

A small victory, however, is that they are now subjected to the neighbouring noise level regulation.

Something I’m proud of

As an aside, that B&O should inject any money at all in racing cars is a disgrace for the company we used to love and look up to. Jacques

Wow, a real shame that you feel this way. The top cars that have won Le Mans in the last few years have paved the way for high efficiency engines and hybrid technology. The last 6 winners were using hybrid engines. Also it’s damn good fun for the rest of us. I myself could care less about the hybrid part. I prefer my high horsepower V8 gas guzzling A8L, but you can’t deny the fact that specifically Le Mans has have a huge impact on making street cars more efficient and environmentally friendly... but I am not from France. I am one of those ‘Mericans that doesn’t know what’s best for everyone else... if you don’t like it, cast your vote by not buying a ticket, but I doubt that will go very far considering it is one of the most popular Motorsports events in history....

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 1:57 AM
Poodleboy,

Ha! Most likely!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 10:23 AM

Tucker:
chartz:

Something I’m proud of

As an aside, that B&O should inject any money at all in racing cars is a disgrace for the company we used to love and look up to. Jacques

Wow, a real shame that you feel this way. The top cars that have won Le Mans in the last few years have paved the way for high efficiency engines and hybrid technology. The last 6 winners were using hybrid engines. Also it’s damn good fun for the rest of us. I myself could care less about the hybrid part. I prefer my high horsepower V8 gas guzzling A8L, but you can’t deny the fact that specifically Le Mans has have a huge impact on making street cars more efficient and environmentally friendly... but I am not from France. I am one of those ‘Mericans that doesn’t know what’s best for everyone else... if you don’t like it, cast your vote by not buying a ticket, but I doubt that will go very far considering it is one of the most popular Motorsports events in history....

To truly make a difference to road cars the race cars should be given a fixed amount of fuel with which to complete the race (reducing every year) - then the developments would be directly translatable.

Ban boring signatures!

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 12:33 PM
Puncher,

This has happened in some series. Almost ever series has a maximum fuel capacity for each car which is used for both incentive for efficiency as well as balance of power between car types. Look at Formula E, no gasoline at all! Big Smile

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 3:11 PM

Tucker:
Puncher,

This has happened in some series. Almost ever series has a maximum fuel capacity for each car which is used for both incentive for efficiency as well as balance of power between car types. Look at Formula E, no gasoline at all! Big Smile

And they have to change cars mid-race, which makes it a nonsense!

Ban boring signatures!

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 3:28 PM

Okay, let’s put it this way. A racing circuit was built near my village 12 years ago (700 souls) and it has made life impossible for us. We had been fighting against the damn circuit for 12 years and we’ve just legally won. They can’t make more noise than the neighbour mowing his lawn now. Even at Le Mans. They just don’t abide, but they will have to because the law prevails.

Electric cars are a good solution (I’ve got one) and E-racing becomes acceptable. Still pointless—who needs speed?—but acceptable.

Jacques

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 3:58 PM

chartz:

Okay, let’s put it this way. A racing circuit was built near my village 12 years ago (700 souls) and it has made life impossible for us. We had been fighting against the damn circuit for 12 years and we’ve just legally won. They can’t make more noise than the neighbour mowing his lawn now. Even at Le Mans. They just don’t abide, but they will have to because the law prevails.

Electric cars are a good solution (I’ve got one) and E-racing becomes acceptable. Still pointless—who needs speed?—but acceptable.

Thank you Sgt. Buzzkill!

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 4:52 PM
chartz:

Jacques

chartz:

Jacques

In your position I can understand your frustration with a newly built race track. Le Mans has been going on since 1923 and I have no sympathy for people that move there and are “upset” by the noise. I am so glad, for your sake, that you are not my neighbor. I own 2 race cars, keep them at my house and often work on them and start the engines for testing and tuning. Thankfully my neighbors are mostly supportive of my hobby and enjoy seeing the cars and sometimes coming to the racetracks to watch as well. I only had one neighbor that complained. He was the thorn in everyone’s side. Called cops on weekend BBQs or kids birthday parties for “suspicious activity” or “loud” music. Thankfully he moved away and the neighborhood is a much happier place.

As for speed being pointless... Going to the movie theater and staring at a screen? Pointless? Going on a boat ride on a sunny day? Pointless? Turning up your B&O speakers and listening to your favorite music? Pointless? Traveling to a new place to see a famous landmark? Pointless? No. They all bring joy to different people that appreciate different things. I love the feeling of the G-force while pushing a car at its limits through a corner. There is nothing like it. I love the smell of the fuel and the tires. I love the sound and the feelings of a high horsepower engine rumbling. Don’t take that joy away from me or anyone else with a passion for something so strong. I feel kind of bad for you not having experienced those feelings. If you are ever in the USA I would happily take you for a ride in my race car and give you an opportunity to see why I love what I do so much.

By the way... the race just finished. The only 2 hybrid electric cars entered in the race finished 1st and 2nd. The push for more efficient cars in Motorsport wins again...

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 4:55 PM
Jeff:

Thank you Sgt. Buzzkill!

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Seriously!!!

https://giphy.com/gifs/southparkgifs-3oz8xRZYJe8PbbW2nC

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 5:28 PM

Tucker:
Jeff:

Thank you Sgt. Buzzkill!

Jeff

Seriously!!!

https://giphy.com/gifs/southparkgifs-3oz8xRZYJe8PbbW2nC

Bravo on your post above this one! And, love the Toyota Pious in South Park.

I had a friend who when his neighbors would have a loud pool party that ran too late would never call the police. He'd just stand next to the wood fence next to their yard and practice his bagpipes. Within minutes they'd all go back inside! Big Smile

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 5:34 PM

Jeff:

Bravo on your post above this one! And, love the Toyota Pious in South Park.

I had a friend who when his neighbors would have a loud pool party that ran too late would never call the police. He'd just stand next to the wood fence next to their yard and practice his bagpipes. Within minutes they'd all go back inside!

Jeff

Jeff, that’s brilliant!! Haha.

Also glad you are liking the new soy sauce! It’s my favorite so far... Smile

The offer goes to you as well since you are local. If you ever want to come out to a race event let me know! We will take this guy out...

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member
I missed the race in Le Mans watching inter alias a 6hours race at the Cycle Vision in Amsterdam Sloten. I wouldn’t mind a B&O sponsorship for these races...

Peter the biker

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 10:57 PM
Peter the Biker:

I missed the race in Le Mans watching inter alias a 6hours race at the Cycle Vision in Amsterdam Sloten. I wouldn’t mind a B&O sponsorship for these races...

Peter the biker

Peter,

I have never seen this before!! This looks awesome! I love racing in all forms. The body work for better aero is very cool....

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS