Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 900, dial not accurate

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

villeke
Not Ranked
Finland
Posts 9
Bronze Member
villeke Posted: Mon, Jul 16 2018 8:56 PM

Hello all,

I have a Helvar Stereomaster 1000 (the same as Beomaster 900 but made in Finland).

Only fault with the device is that the tuning indicator at least in FM is not accurate. At 88 Mhz the pointer shows about +0.3 Mhz. The error grows when tuning it to higher frequencies, for example at the end of the scale it is over 1 Mhz, so much that you can't even tune to 107.5.

The radio is all original, no services made except the other output stage transistors changed to AD162.

This unit has no stereo decoder fitted - would be nice to find one. Smile

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jul 17 2018 7:17 AM

The alignment procedure is in the servicemanual.
I'm not sure if dedicated manuals were available for the local build versions, else make sure
to get a Beomaster one that matches your model.

If you upgrade your membership level to at least silver, you can download manuals from our main website and also place sales and wanted ads.

Martin

villeke
Not Ranked
Finland
Posts 9
Bronze Member
villeke replied on Thu, Jul 19 2018 6:44 PM

Thank you for the answer, Martin!

I found a circuit diagram inside the Stereomaster, I have to find a right service manual for Beomaster that is for the same kind of version.

As far as I know, the Finnish Radio History Association has compiled the whole Helvar production, maybe they can help me with the right manual. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS