Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

The Mexican Swinger

This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:57 PM

AS I'm waiting for spare parts, I started to clean up my workbench.

Constructed the The Mexican Swinger, a quality instrument holder, made in Mexico from highest quality steel scrap pieces, available in my workshop, Free your workbench from instrument clutter, never again have tangled test leads. The instrument base made from quality Mexican plywood covered by zebra striped speaker fabric, specially selected by the FS, a soft bed for your expensive beloved digital and analog instruments.

Swing the Mexican way.

Swing the other way

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

Where is the Cuba holder???

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

ɓʋɾɑɳɫɘɮ:

I'm not finished yet, tomorrow the Mexican Tool Wing is on, and then I will find a place for the combined, Cuba, cigarettes and ashtray holder.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:31 AM

This is a very good idea Søren!

Jacques

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:34 PM

ɓʋɾɑɳɫɘɮ:

Where is the intravenous alcoholic beverage dispenser?

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 5:29 PM

Rich:

ɓʋɾɑɳɫɘɮ:

Where is the intravenous alcoholic beverage dispenser?

IPA dispenser?

blah-blah and photographs as needed

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:18 PM

Orava:
IPA dispenser?

Gravity fed from sombrero.......... ?

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

valve1:

Orava:
IPA dispenser?

Gravity fed from sombrero.......... ?

Keep them coming I can take itBig Smile, today I had to go working for money, so no Tool Wing, thats the only thing I dont like in this life, I have to work to live.

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Victoria, British Columbia Canada
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:30 AM

Hi Søren,

How did you and your workshop fare the earthquake? I know it was in Guatemala, but the news here in frozen Canada said it was wildly felt in Mexico City, although with no damage.

Jeff

P.S. Loved the Mexican swinger.... very clerver and inventive. Big Smile

Beogram 4000, Beogram 4002, Beogram 4004, Beogram 8000, Beogram 8002, Beogram 1602. Beogram 4500 CD player, B&O CDX player, Beocord 4500, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 8004, Beocord 9000, Beomaster 1000, Beomaster 1600, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 4400, Beomaster 4500, Beolab 5000, Beomaster 5000, BeoCenter 9000. BeoSound Century,  S-45.2, S-45.2, S-75, S-75, M-75, M-100, MC 120.2 speakers; B&O Illuminated Sign (with crown & red logo). B&O grey & black Illuminated Sign, B&O black Plexiglas dealer sign, B&O ash tray, B&O (Orrefors) dealer award vase,  B&O Beotime Clock. Navy blue B&O baseball cap, B&O T-shirt X2, B&O black ball point pen, B&O Retail Management Binder

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Where am I supposed to install the IPA

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 3:19 AM

Hi Søren,

Whoa, I just asked about the Earthquake in your region and we just had a 6.3 right off the coast of Vancouver Island an hour ago. This one was just off Tofino, a delightful little town in northern Vancouver Island, but very low-lying.

Thankfully we didn’t feel a thing here in Victoria. I haven’t felt an Earthquake in my life and that is a record I would like to keep intact. I am more or less used to hurricanes, but Earthquakes scare me to death.

Jeff

Beogram 4000, Beogram 4002, Beogram 4004, Beogram 8000, Beogram 8002, Beogram 1602. Beogram 4500 CD player, B&O CDX player, Beocord 4500, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 8004, Beocord 9000, Beomaster 1000, Beomaster 1600, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 4400, Beomaster 4500, Beolab 5000, Beomaster 5000, BeoCenter 9000. BeoSound Century,  S-45.2, S-45.2, S-75, S-75, M-75, M-100, MC 120.2 speakers; B&O Illuminated Sign (with crown & red logo). B&O grey & black Illuminated Sign, B&O black Plexiglas dealer sign, B&O ash tray, B&O (Orrefors) dealer award vase,  B&O Beotime Clock. Navy blue B&O baseball cap, B&O T-shirt X2, B&O black ball point pen, B&O Retail Management Binder

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Piaf:
Earthquakes scare me to death.

The last one was down by the border to Guatemala, we didnt feel it up here in the city.

I have had a couple down here, biggest one 7.0-7.1, the first thing you feel is your balance is totally gone, there is no fixed point anymore, you get dizzy and your feet dont know where to go. Afterwards I always start thinking about what to save first, the vintage, the FS or just myself.Laughing Until now I didnt save anything except following our quake procedure, The FS grab the box with documents and cash, I grab the water, blankets, warm jackets and at least one cell phone.We have a storage shack standing a bit off the house, it has a very light roof, in there we have fire extinguishers, heavy tools and a gasoline driven generator and some food conserves. In my workshop, also light roof, we have a tent and sleeping bags and other camping equipment, that also will come in handy if the house goes down. As we have small quakes frequently, we always get a reminder to get ready for the big one. But you learn to live with it.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Back to the thread. I got my bench cleaned up and the sophisticated Mexican Tool Wing is in place, now I'm ready for the spare parts for the BM 4400

The MexToolWing

The Work bench *it has never looked as nice as now.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:55 PM

your bench is as organised as your earthquake plan !

I hope one gets lots of continued use and the other never gets used.

BeoNut since '75

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,639
Founder
Piaf replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:14 AM

Hi Søren,

Your Danish heritage is showing, everything so well organized and neat as a pin. You have done your parents proud!

As far as the Earthquake goes, I wasn’t trying to divert the subject, but it was the easiest way to contact you and wanted to see if you were OK. A friend from California who is visiting her daughter in Germany emailed me to see if I was alright during our Earthquake. Seemed like a very nice thing to do from so far off that I felt it was appropriate to check in on you.

Back to your workbench, it speaks volumes on how you are able to tackle these B&O problems seemingly without blinking an eye.

My perspective is entirely different in that I am intimidated by these B&O products. I open up a Beomaster with great trepidation and even with all possible care taken, stuff falls out, like the glass panels on my BeoCenter.

Then there are the Beograms each with their own personality. My Beogram 4000 arrived shattered in transit, but it went back together fairly easily. The Beogram 4002 has always been a nightmare, I adjust one thing and then something else is wrong. Get the balance weight just right and the tone arm drops before coming to the record. Fix that and the tonearm doesn’t pick up at the end of play. Lets have a Party !!!

I finally got it right and thankfully it stayed that way until recently when the tonearm pulley wheel came loose and making God-awful noises. For a change that was a simple and straightforward fix.

Anyway I am beyond impressed in what you do and enjoy your efforts vicariously. Keep up the good work! Smile

Jeff

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

elephant:
your bench is as organised as your earthquake plan !

Well, the quake plan did come by it self, the water, documents, warm closing and cash, is a natural, you have to be sure to survive, after the quake you have to secure your property, and show that it is yours, after the first quakes I experienced here, I started thinking about what I had and where, to use if the big one hit us, I have a lot of heavy tools for moving machines up to 20 long tons, I placed some of this near the house in the shack, take it out when needed, and replace it there when finished, I had some fire extinguishers placed near my gas tank (1500 Liters) and thats stupid, you have to place your equipment near your normal staying place, to get at it fast and without danger, the generator was always there, as we had a lot of black outs, the camping equipment was also there, not bought for quakes, but for camping, when we were younger and adventurous Smile. After the first quakes I started thinking about what I needed to survive at least for one week, and the only things we did was store some food conserves, the fire extinguishers and the heavy tools in the shack, so we are ready. What people die of after quakes is lack of water, food and shelter, to get on after a quake is cash, you can buy everything, but if systems are down, no credit cards will work, the rest is only,know where you have your things stored, and place them where you can get at them. My wife was in the middle of the 1985 8.5 quake in Mexico city, so she really knows whats up when it hit you, she survived.

Jeff, I enjoy when we goes of thread and talk about something else, not everything is Beo.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS