Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Can the Cult of Bang & Olufsen Last?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger Posted: Thu, Mar 8 2012 2:39 PM

Don't know whether this 'Wired' review was posted before, but it makes interesting reading.

End of article:

"Consider one of its latest products: the BeoSound 8, a docking device for iPods, iPhones, and iPads. This is a first for B&O, which took until 2010 to finally concede that we’re all now living in a future of Apple’s making. Granted, at $999, the BeoSound 8 is about 10 times the price of most iPod docks. And it looks otherworldly and obtrusive, with two plate-sized speakers joined by a brushed-aluminum bridge. But audiophiles rave about its sound quality. “Pin sharp, tight, and precise,” declares brand-obsessive site BeoWorld. According to Zean Nielsen, president of B&O’s American division, the dock already accounts for up to 14 percent of US sales and is bringing in customers who may have previously regarded its products as mere curiosities. B&O seems to see a future here. This summer, the company announced plans for a line of products designed for a distinctly non-B&O retail venue: Apple stores."

Graham

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Mar 8 2012 2:55 PM

vikinger:

Don't know whether this 'Wired' review was posted before, but it makes interesting reading.

Yep, we've discussed it quite a bit (last September) as Lee was interviewed for it.

I love my BS8 (design, frets, functionality), sound is reasonable, but not groundbreaking. The tracks played on my BL3s are completely enhanced.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member

moxxey:
Yep, we've discussed it quite a bit (last September) as Lee was interviewed for it.

Just shows you how much attention I've been paying of late.  Indifferent

Lars
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 146
Bronze Member
Lars replied on Thu, Mar 8 2012 10:35 PM

I would like to just state what I think of sort of Cult etc. 

Personally I declare something as cult once I like it, once I feel good about it etc. and because of that BEO will be Cult even if they might move into a broader market, start to bring more and more Play products. All that is just because of one reason, it is because I like Beo a lot. Should I care about what others think about it NO. 

BS9000, BC6, BC2, BL3, BL11, BL3500, BL2000, BeoTime, Beo EarSet2 3i, Beo, BEO DropStop, BEO Bottle Opener, BeoCom5 including Table Stand, ATV

Christmas Prize Draw 1st Winner 2010 - THANKS A LOT!!!

Struer Trip 2012 - THANKS A LOT!!!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS