Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4000. Problem #2: Speed changes from 33 to 45 while playing

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

alysvand
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
alysvand Posted: Thu, Mar 8 2012 6:20 PM

It happens when the tonearme reaches halfway(or typically 7 inches out)Is there an easy fix for this?

Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Thu, Mar 8 2012 10:32 PM

Oh sounds interesting! Sounds like an inhibit line is missing somewhere that should prevent this from happening when playing a record, although maybe that is simplifying the issue somewhat.... I assume the player works normally in all other respects, and that it is at exactly the same spot? What happens if you lift the arm and reset just before the point at which the speed normally changes?

Olly

alysvand
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member

If you just hit the on-button this happens every time. But you can avoid it by hitting the on button and the the 33 button right after.

Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:07 AM

ok I am confused now, so normally with a 12 / 10" record the player will cue up normally and play at 33 until the arm reaches the point at which it would drop on the lead in grooves of a 7" record, thereafter the indicator and speed switches to 45...?

However, if you press on, then hit 33 straight after it will continue as above, but will not change to 45 rpm and complete the record?

Olly

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:00 AM

Hi,

Yes this is confusing!

Can you make a video?

Jacques

alysvand
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
alysvand replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:18 AM

Step1:

ok I am confused now, so normally with a 12 / 10" record the player will cue up normally and play at 33 until the arm reaches the point at which it would drop on the lead in grooves of a 7" record, thereafter the indicator and speed switches to 45...?

However, if you press on, then hit 33 straight after it will continue as above, but will not change to 45 rpm and complete the record?

Excactly! I know. It's very strange indeed.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS