Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Heathrow Fast Passes... FREE

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE Posted: Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:55 PM

In the spirit of giving and sharing on BeoWorld, I have two security fast-track passes for Heathrow Airport i'm not going to use. They expire December 31st 2012.

If you're flying out of Heathrow before then, and don't want to be queuing for ages and wish to join the First Class travellers as they whisk through 'Fast Track' Security Channel - send me a PM and i'll send you a pass.  I have two, and each one is for the holder and one guest.

I got them as a gift from American Express and they appear to be fully transferrable (i've read and re-read the small print) - and I'm asking the huge sum of nothing for them.  Hey, I'll even pay the postage to you.

PM me if you want one, or both Smile

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:31 AM

The existence of these always strikes me as scandalous. Why, by paying money, should one not be subject to same security as anyone else? Or is security a money making scam?!

However a very generous offer from Lee.

Peter

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 10:35 AM

It's exactly the same level of security, but a heck of a lot faster !!

I went through the Gatwick 'By Invitation' security the other week and i was through in literally about 3-4 minutes as there was only a queue of around 5 people.

On the other security channel i'd say there were at least 150 people waiting - and I've queued for up to 20-30 minutes there before.

Lee

PeterC
Not Ranked
Bristol, UK
Posts 24
Bronze Member
PeterC replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 10:54 AM

People can probably tell similar stories from their own regional airport but at Bristol you can pay (£6per person) for express security. Unfortunately, once you get through the automatic doors you discover about 50% of people have opted for this so you are at no significant advantage timewise and, as a family, £24 worse off. 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:11 AM

PeterC:

People can probably tell similar stories from their own regional airport but at Bristol you can pay (£6per person) for express security. Unfortunately, once you get through the automatic doors you discover about 50% of people have opted for this so you are at no significant advantage timewise and, as a family, £24 worse off. 

We had the same experience at CDG but at the receiving end !

We were in this queue that was frozen because every minute (or so it seemed) another paying queue jumper walked past the line, plonked their bags on the scales, and proceeded to do a check in !!!!

BeoNut since '75

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:12 AM

Peter:

The existence of these always strikes me as scandalous. Why, by paying money, should one not be subject to same security as anyone else? Or is security a money making scam?!

However a very generous offer from Lee.

£3 at Newcastle!!

Ban boring signatures!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 2:18 PM

Puncher:

£3 at Newcastle!!

£0 at BeoWorld...

Big Smile

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 2:58 PM

9 LEE:

Puncher:

£3 at Newcastle!!

£0 at BeoWorld...

Big Smile

The security staff have a look out who gives advance warning of any potential problem passengers ....................... at the sight of a likely candidate they pay the £3 thermselves!!Laughing

Ban boring signatures!

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

I bet I can get through quicker when working ;)

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Fat chance at Newcastle, although the staff are friendly.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:16 PM

Everyone in Newcastle is friendly!  If it wasn't so far away, I'd be out there every weekend!

However, as a converted northern born "southerner" I have to say the weather up North sucks. Give me the sunny south east very time, but courier the beer down from Yorkshire please.. LOL

lee

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:45 AM

9 LEE:

Everyone in Newcastle is friendly!  If it wasn't so far away, I'd be out there every weekend!

However, as a converted northern born "southerner" I have to say the weather up North sucks. Give me the sunny south east very time, but courier the beer down from Yorkshire please.. LOL

lee

Southern softies reach for their coats the instant the sun dips behind a cloud!!Stick out tongue In Newcastle they merely have summer T-shirts and winter T-shirts!Laughing

Ban boring signatures!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:09 PM

Puncher:

9 LEE:

lee

Southern softies reach for their coats the instant the sun dips behind a cloud!!Stick out tongue In Newcastle they merely have summer T-shirts and winter T-shirts!Laughing

So true ! And even after 4 years I have retained some capability to weather the winter weather Smile

BeoNut since '75

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:51 PM

Passes are now gone!  Posted to a happy recipient who'll be breezing through security next month !!

Big Smile

jkhamler
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 286
Bronze Member
jkhamler replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:59 PM

Thanks Lee! You are making the jobs of 4 over-worked musicians that little bit more pleasant! I will naturally now be turning left when I get onto the plane.

Jon

Lars
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 146
Bronze Member
Lars replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:47 PM
jkhamler:

Thanks Lee! You are making the jobs of 4 over-worked musicians that little bit more pleasant! I will naturally now be turning left when I get onto the plane.

Jon

Like that they went for a good reason.

I am the unlucky is allowed to go via First Class at *alliance but what does it really help for? You are at the gate / lounge faster. Cdg lounge was a mess today...

BS9000, BC6, BC2, BL3, BL11, BL3500, BL2000, BeoTime, Beo EarSet2 3i, Beo, BEO DropStop, BEO Bottle Opener, BeoCom5 including Table Stand, ATV

Christmas Prize Draw 1st Winner 2010 - THANKS A LOT!!!

Struer Trip 2012 - THANKS A LOT!!!

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS