Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 8000

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

graydonslc
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member
graydonslc Posted: Thu, Jul 26 2018 7:55 PM

Guys I'm in need of a chip my tech says he needs to repair the tape input of my BO 8000. AD10\192

Is their a replacement that works or does any one have a spare board ? Tape 2 works  but tape one has issues. It had no sound except clipping warning. He now has the sound going and waiting for a chip for the FM. I bought this DOA as I'd never seen a BO 8000 and read it's a rare unit. Want very much to get it up to par as I got the whole system Tape/Turntable/ speakers yes and the cabinet that came with it. I have a 2400 and love it, so I expect even more from the the 8000. Any advise or help I can pass on to the tech who is repairing my system would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 2:42 AM

Unfortunately those chips are no longer produced and difficult to find. There should be a way to make a replacement for it using modern surface mount devices but I haven't found any yet. This thread discusses the problem. 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 6:20 AM

In my old notes, I have mentioned AD7512DI(JN) as a replacement.
My old notes are handwritten and no serialnumbers are noted for this entry, so I cannot tell if I used it in an actual repair.
But I have some of the ICs in the drawer, suggesting that I have probably used it at some point, and I'm pretty sure that I would have removed the entry
from my notes if it didn't work.
In other words, consider this unconfirmed information, - worth a test, I suppose.

Martin

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 7:48 AM

Martin, yes that looks like a valid replacement. The datasheet for the AD7812DI(JN) match the AD10/192 in the Beomaster 8000 schematic. The AD7812DI(JN) is also obsolete though. However, I do see quite a few for sale (mostly from China) on Ebay.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 7:49 AM

Do you have any notes regarding the AD10/278 ?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 9:01 AM

sonavor:

Do you have any notes regarding the AD10/278 ?

Sadly, no. - But I can't help thinking, that something involving a CMOS 4066 could be made to work.

Looking around for info about the AD7512, I just came across this thread, where you actually mention the IC yourself... Geeked
https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/12622/110867.aspx
Err.. are we getting old? Laughing 

Martin 

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 9:40 AM

I know I am getting old. That isn't the first time I posted an answer and forgot about it. I guess posting and search engines are the new way to take notes :-).

graydonslc
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member

I found  the AD7512DI  chip and should receive it this week will keep you posted on how it works out. Gee's I can't wait to hear the 8000 in action. Thanks to everyone who responded to my request.

Stephen

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Wed, Aug 1 2018 7:35 PM

That's good news. Yes, please report back on the results.

stevie81964
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member

Stephen, how 's that 8000 doing?

Steven

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Nov 15 2018 7:20 PM

He hasn't visited since...
- Hope he's OK and it wasn't the IC... Unsure

Martin

stevie81964
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member

Yes, first of all lets hope he is okay.

btw thanks for sending the items i bought from you on such a short notice.

might as well throw in a question Martin.

Those voltage regulators on the right hand side of the power board in a beomaster 

8000, is it safe to use a lm7815cv, lm7915 cv and a lm7805cv replacing the old ones?

thanks in advance.

Steven

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:27 AM

I think that would be fine.
Just don't buy Asian counterfeits.

Martin

graydonslc
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member

Martin and Dillon

Thank you for checking on me and my 8000 ...I still do not  have it back from the shop. I'm told that it might be next week. So as it stands I don't know if the parts (FM and Input )  are correct. It seems my tech has been in hospital and that set him back on all repairs. I don't push him as he is the only one in Utah that will work on B&O. 

I will follow up ASAP when I get my 8000 back, with what parts are used, and how they worked out.  Sort of a report on the system repairs for you.

You guys are great !

My best

Stephen

stevie81964
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member

I won‘t buy asian parts although so much is from asia these days.

like the food though 😉

graydonslc
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member

Dear Martin...

Well I'm OK but the B&O 8000 is not. Yes after a year and a half in shop....I received it back in pieces. Not a bad pile I admit, but  now what to do. The repairman I think was in over his head with the 8000. Had me order parts and the likes, but it does not look like he did anything.  First of all I want to thank everyone who replied to my  search for parts, and wanted to know if they worked. You folks are the best. I will now search for someone to put this wonderful machine back together. I have sent a MSG to BEOLOVER  to see if they can repair the repair. ( sad grin ).

I apologize to all for not posting anything about the 8000, but had nothing to report. If I can find a new repair person I will forward that information on.

I still have the parts and If they do not get used will post them on here, as they my be of use for someone else.

Thanks again

Stephen (graydonslc)

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Oct 15 2019 7:59 PM

Good choice!
Beolover will be able to restore it to its former glory, no doubt about that.

Martin

graydonslc
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member

Martin

I have received the Beomaster back from the shop after 3 years of waiting. Another repairman offered his help here in Salt Lake City, and what a difference he made. I took it over and immediately he dug in testing every board. He had never worked on B & O but that made it all the more a challenge. He explained everything as he went. A few day later he said I needed to find some parts. I checked with sonavor  about what he asked for and passed that info on to the repair guy. A couple weeks later I get a call that he bought a unit off EBAY for parts but that it was a much better unit than mine. Pushing forward he said that mine had been changed at some point ( comparing the 2 units.)   and that the new unit would be better to rebuild. He recapped and went through everything. All I can say is  WOW is this guy is awesome explaining everything and willing to show me what he was doing and why. 

I can't begin to thank everyone who tried to help me find parts or how the first repair guy might be going in the wrong direction. Now I do have a pile of parts if anyone needs them. The chips that are so hard to find I have as well. Please let me know if anyone needs them. The old unit will need a recap as well according to the repairman. ( I told him not to put it back together as it would cost more, and I might part out. ) Sad to see the pile of parts, and knowing how rare the unit is. (especially in Utah)

Now I can't wait to set it up and hear it on a pair of B & O speakers !  ( I only heard it on a pair of Bose 301's ...just not the same  )

Thank you all ...Please be safe with all that's going on.Covid 19 has made things tough on everyone!

Stephen  ( graydonslc )

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Fri, Jul 3 2020 9:58 PM

Hi Stephen,

If you can post some pictures of the spares you have we might be interested in some.

We are looking for a spare Beomaster 8000 Microcomputer PCB, board 9, to use as a reference to have new, replacement PCBs made. So your spare might be a good candidate.

-sonavor

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS