Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter - lubrication of sliding doors

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

waterlander2004
Not Ranked
The Hague, Netherlands
Posts 77
Founder
waterlander2004 Posted: Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:24 AM

After getting a nice Beocenter 9500 back in working order, the sliding doors - especially the CD compartment door - still seems to stick occasionally and is not sliding as smoothly as it should. The belts were replaced (thanks to Martin) and I've tried multiple times by cleaning the two horizontal slots through which the mechanism moves, tried a tiny amount of light machine oil in this same area, but so far this doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to what type of lubrication (if any) I should try?

Thanks for any insights.

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

Basically, the tracks should be clean and dry with no lubricant of any kind. This also applies to the drive strings as they rely on friction to grip the drive shafts.

When I replace the doors, I clean the tracks free of dust/oil/grease with a cotton bud dipped in isopropanol. I then spray silicone spray into the top of the can and use a cotton bud dipped in the resulting fluid to wipe the tracks. This is the ONLY lubrication I use.

This procedure always works for new doors. However, your doors may be worn and you may need to give the lugs on the doors some attention.

Regards Graham

waterlander2004
Not Ranked
The Hague, Netherlands
Posts 77
Founder

Thanks for feedback Graham, will give it another try.

Kind regards, Eric

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 11:27 PM

I have the same problem. I tried all options Graham mentioned but still no luck, in fact it's getting worse!  Very annoying...

Other thing what could cause this issue is the motor (heard that from Blackrix), they don't have enough force anymore to drive the CD door smoothly. Are these motors still available Graham?

Brengen & Ophalen

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

Leslie:

I have the same problem. I tried all options Graham mentioned but still no luck, in fact it's getting worse!  Very annoying...

Other thing what could cause this issue is the motor (heard that from Blackrix), they don't have enough force anymore to drive the CD door smoothly. Are these motors still available Graham?

My guess is not available but there would be no harm in asking.

I also suggest changing the  L272M op-amp chips. This has worked for me in the past despite the voltages measuring OK

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS