Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 12

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 3 Followers

Neil
Not Ranked
Hong Kng
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Neil Posted: Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:39 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know the UK list price for Beovision 12 and Beolab 12. Have seen the US price is circa US$20k for BV12 and BS3 combo and presume will be higher in UK. Also anyone aware of dealers in UK who will sell and ship overseas new B&O equipment ? I am based in Asia and local prices are a little crazy (30% + premium to US prices ) so considering giving my business to my home country if prices more sensible.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 12:45 PM

I have a suspicion that most dealers will be prohibited from doing this officially. They can of course supply you the set in this country and you or an intermediary can then send it wherever you wish. Not sure of the price in the UK - moxxey will know!

Peter

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 3:00 PM

Peter:

I have a suspicion that most dealers will be prohibited from doing this officially. They can of course supply you the set in this country and you or an intermediary can then send it wherever you wish. Not sure of the price in the UK - moxxey will know!

Funny you should mention that Peter :)

Just back from my dealer and they have the BV12 on display. I'm astonished and you don't hear that from me too often. Frankly, this has the best picture I've ever seen, even a step up on the BV7-55.

Best design, great centre speaker, thin. Superb. Everything you'd want. Only downside is....it's massive.

As for a price? Dealer wasn't entirely sure, but he mentioned "around £17,000", but I'm not sure if that's with the centre speaker or not. I'm fairly confident it will include the centre speaker (and BS3) as my dealer usually quotes an all-inclusive price.

RussR
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
RussR replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 3:41 PM

Moxxey, that price HAS to include the center channel, its a part of the screen.  So I'd say you're pretty safe on that price.  Wall bracket is also in-the-box with the BV-12.

We kid because we love.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 3:43 PM

RussR:

Moxxey, that price HAS to include the center channel, its a part of the screen.  So I'd say you're pretty safe on that price.  Wall bracket is also in-the-box with the BV-12.

Yeah, was just covering myself if it didn't :)

Crikey, it's not a great TV it's an amazing TV. They had Freeview's BBC HD Preview (Sky HD not connected, nor DVD) and the picture was better than BBC HD, via Sky, on my BV10-46. And I mean, a LOT better. I've never seen a picture like it. It's also very plasma-like. More smooth than a regular LCD.

If only they did a smaller and cheaper 46" version, I'd have it in an instant. If you want a 65" and/or have £17,000 to spend, I wouldn't have a moment's hesitation.

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member

Hey moxxey you said the picture was very plasma like but the beovision 12  is a plasma.

Beoplay A2

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 4:52 PM

markiedee:

Hey moxxey you said the picture was very plasma like but the beovision 12  is a plasma.

No idea. I assumed it was an LCD. Was only at my dealer for 10 minutes and I don't know anything about the BV12 (it's not something that's been on or going to be on my radar, as I'm not looking for a 65" TV). That explains why it looks like a plasma then.

But, one thing for sure, it's the best picture I've seen. Better than the BV7-55, if that's possible.

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member

It does sound like the picture quality is impressive, did you get a chance to hear the center speaker and if so did it sound good?

Beoplay A2

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member

Pay no mind to my question i just read what you said above.

Beoplay A2

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 6:54 PM

markiedee:

It does sound like the picture quality is impressive, did you get a chance to hear the center speaker and if so did it sound good?

For me, it was poor. But the dealer had it configured with two BL5s, so they opened up the sound to another level. As soon as he went back to centre-only, you couldn't hear many of the background sounds at all.

But the centre speaker is definitely not designed to be a BL7.2. It's not even a BL7.4. It's a fairly simple centre to use in conjunction with other speakers. You would never use it on it's own, that's for sure. It's worse than the BV10's audio :)

CasperI
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 93
Bronze Member
CasperI replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:29 PM

I actually don't think the center speaker on the BV12 is that bad.

It's not a sound-monster, for sure, but for what it is, i think it does a great job.
No, it cannot be compared to 7-2 or 7-4, but they are altso quite massive in comparison. For the size of the center in BV12 i doesn't think it can be much better than it is.

It is worse (or not as good) as the BV10 center, but the BV10 is also made to be more of a stand alone product than the BV12, which center speaker is way more dedicated to "center-speaker-purpose".
I guess that people who can actually afford that kind of TV also have the money for some decent front speakers to take some steam of the center .. If not - shame on those people! Big Smile

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:34 PM

CasperI:

I actually don't think the center speaker on the BV12 is that bad...No, it cannot be compared to 7-2 or 7-4

But that's what I said above? It's ok. It's a basic centre speaker, poorer than a 7.4. It's quite mid-range. But, I only had a quick demo, too.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 12:38 AM

Neil:

Hi,

Does anyone know the UK list price for Beovision 12 and Beolab 12. Have seen the US price is circa US$20k for BV12 and BS3 combo and presume will be higher in UK. Also anyone aware of dealers in UK who will sell and ship overseas new B&O equipment ? I am based in Asia and local prices are a little crazy (30% + premium to US prices ) so considering giving my business to my home country if prices more sensible.

Thanks in advance.

In UK is about 15k GBP for BV12, BS3 only. There is no reason why dealers cant ship to singapore if this is where you are based. Canary wharf BO can do this. Furthermore you do not pay VAT (which is 20% in the UK). Lastime i had a quote of 385 GBP for shipping to HongKong a BV1032 by air for next day delivery after landing in the UK. The UK dealer can order to whatever TV specification in the country that you are based. You probably would have to pay installation cost locally at BO Singapore. A further discount can be negotiated.

I had a look at the TV today and i think it looks better than 755. I saw tron 3D and the 3D effect is awesome. THe picture is razor sharp without the 'hardness' of a LED image, very life-like. THe screen is very thin.

VInce

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 12:51 PM

Reading this it sounds like comparing the 12 to a 7-55 might be summed up as:

12 has bigger screen     12 has better picture, but the 7-55 has a better speaker=better sound?

I have been considering replacing my 7-55 with a 12 but do not want to lose the sound quality from the 7-4.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 1:47 PM

Razlaw:

I have been considering replacing my 7-55 with a 12 but do not want to lose the sound quality from the 7-4.

I'd seriously suggest you take a look at the BV12. It's superb. I was blown away by the picture quality and that was from Freeview (which offers above average PQ). Whether it's much better than a BV7-55 MKII is debatable though. MKI? Yes.

But, the centre speaker is no 7.4 (it's not as big, deep and has no ALT). However, my dealer was demonstrating it with the BL5s and the overall sound was incredible, so I don't think it's an issue if you can compliment the centre speaker with BL9/5s.

For example, the bigger and better screen would outweigh a (very) slight downgrade in audio quality, for me?

I'd be keen on the BV12 if I had the space for it. I'd be interested in seeing the BV12 with the BL12s.

LasseMathiesen
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member

You need another center speaker. I have just sold one, and tjats sold White a BeoLab 10.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 11:58 PM

Neil:

Hi,

Does anyone know the UK list price for Beovision 12 and Beolab 12. 

The BV12 is around £17,000 and the BL12s are £3800.

TripEnglish
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,639
Bronze Member

I think I could count the number of BV4-65s I've sold in the last few years on one hand. Even when it was launched the trend was moving toward ultra-slim. Now the BV12 launches and I sold my 4th unit today. I think I've only had the thing up a week and a half. 

Moxxey's right about sizing. I had to turn a family away today because, like so many people, they built their casework around a more traditional 16x9 screen. I absolutely love the BV10 series but I lose a considerable number of sales because no one knows what to do with a square tv. 

I would love to see the BV12 in a 46" & 50" form factor with a scaled down processor. Easy transition away from the aging BeoVision 7 design. There's still no beating a plasma and the BV12 proves it. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 9:26 AM

TripEnglish:

I would love to see the BV12 in a 46" & 50" form factor with a scaled down processor. Easy transition away from the aging BeoVision 7 design. There's still no beating a plasma and the BV12 proves it. 

Totally agree Trip. A 46" would be perfect and I'd have one immediately. Since seeing the picture on the BV12, my BV10-46 looks weak and a bit washed out in comparison. Colours, vibrancy, smoothness of the BV12 was incredible - it's just too big for most people. There was a debate on here about it being a bit "chavvy" having such a large TV in a small room. I don't know of a single person with a room large enough to successfully host and warrant a BV12-65. Remember you also have to have a unit to hide the BS3 and speakers, make the area even larger.

My dealer didn't have the BL12s next to the BV12 simply due to lack of wall space and they have the BV12-65 on their largest wall in their TV demo room.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 1:41 PM

My dealer gave me an actual size poster of the BV12. Put it on the wall behind my 7-55.  From a size perspective it did look bigger, but not as much bigger as I had expected. I think it is because the 12 is on the wall, a 7-55 is on a floor stand out in front of the wall. As a result the viewing angle of the closer 7-55 was very close to the same as the viewing angle of the 12 as it would be farther from where I sit.

As for space, it would be an easy fit. 12 goes  on the wall with a cabinet beneath it. Front speakers would not have to be moved.

I am conflicted. Larger screen but not much larger viewing angle, better picture, poorer sound, and the loss of the B and O magic of the motorized stand.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

TerryM
Not Ranked
Posts 66
Bronze Member
TerryM replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 2:01 PM

Given that dithering noise is inherent in plasma technology,it would appear that B & O has successfully dealt with it's potential to impact on Picture Quality,albeit at a price.

Whilst I have always been an advocate of the superiority of Plasma over LCD/LED,I was forced to change my mind by the 7-55 3D which,as far as I can see,has none of the failings exhibited by the LCD/LED technology.

Unless one can accommodate a wall mounted 60Kg 65" TV,the BV7-55 3D,ageing design or not,provides PQ,and a viewing experience, par excellence.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 3:36 PM

Razlaw:

I am conflicted. Larger screen but not much larger viewing angle, better picture, poorer sound, and the loss of the B and O magic of the motorized stand.

True, but since buying the BV10-46 (and losing the BV7 on the motorized stand), I've not really felt that I'm missing out not being able to alter the angle of the TV. 

Neil
Not Ranked
Hong Kng
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Neil replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 12:13 PM

Thanks for all the responses. Following Vinces suggestion i managed to get a much better quote here by leveraging a quote from the UK. Installation booked for just after EasterBig Smile

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 4:50 PM

I've got to get myself a BV12. Went to my dealer at lunch as they have it connected up to their blu-ray player. I've never seen a picture like it. It's just perfect.

Dealer gave me a poster of the BV12 and it's on the wall - it looks fantastic. Just makes you want to pick one up.

But....dealer confirmed is £17K, so somewhat cost prohibitive at the moment!

RussR
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
RussR replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 7:58 PM

Not sure that I agree with TripEnglish that the BV-12 is better than the BV-7/55, but is most certainly better than the BV-4.  More comparisons are being done.

We kid because we love.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 9:38 PM

I'm seriously interested in the BV12. Been over to my dealer for five demos so far. Twice this week.

However, as I said in another post (Beo virus), one thing that has concerned me this week is that the BV12 gets very very warm. Hot even. Stand in front of it and it feels like a radiator on a low heat. That's fine for most of the year, but I don't want something emitting that kind of heat in summer. I guess the air struggles to circulate and it simply gets hotter than a BV7 or BV10, as a result.

And it is better than the BV7-55. Colours are more vibrant and realistic and it has less of a "sharp" image, thanks to the plasma.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 1:27 AM
Agree awesome screen rich and intense in color

things for consideration:

Massive depreciation for the screen in the future?

Availability as freestanding eg with motorised stand?

Screen sizes?

rob08
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 209
Bronze Member
rob08 replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:54 AM

So when will the first reviews drop in?

Neil
Not Ranked
Hong Kng
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Neil replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 5:53 AM

Just to close this thread out attached are some pictures of my new BV12 in situ in the apartment.

Looks great and sounds fantastic. Still trying to get the Beo 6 set up properly to work the Oppo DVD and Cable Box, etc. but very happy overall.

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 7:30 AM
Wow! Almost blows me away! Looks great. Also this side board looks great. What is it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV 11-46  / Beoplay V1 -40 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beosound Essence MK2 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 12-1 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 /BL Converter 1611

Neil
Not Ranked
Hong Kng
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Neil replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 8:53 AM

The sideboard comes from the Ligne Roset Lines collection .... There is a fantastic matching bookshelf unit that goes with it.

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member
markiedee replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 9:30 AM

Hi neil the tv looks gorgeous on the wall as does the rest of your setup very sleek.

Beoplay A2

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member

And your piggy banks survived this purchase?

SCNR

but nice setup

iPoditiv

Peter the biker

Neil
Not Ranked
Hong Kng
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Neil replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 12:58 PM

The piggy banks are mere shadows of their former selves .... Fortunately my kids are 6 and 4 so they do not realize yet that Daddy has spent their toy money on a big toy for himself Big Smile

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
Saw the bv12 yesterday, and it is indeed a very good looking TV. The new beolab 12 speakers are very impressive for their size. Although they should be placed up side down.

Can't say much about the picture quality as the programme shown wasn't hd and the tv wasn't positioned very well (lots of glare).

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Page 1 of 1 (35 items) | RSS