Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 10 with Freeview HD

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

LeeR
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
LeeR Posted: Wed, Nov 14 2012 5:40 PM

I have a less than 2 year old Beovision 10 - 40.

The problem I have is that I cannot tune it to receive Freeview HD. I have updated the TV off the B&O website and installed via a USB stick without any problems.

My dealer tells me that I need a £850.00 module update or an additional Freeview box which seems ridiculous for a TV less than 2 years old.

To add to this I purchased for another room a Samsung TV at the same time as the Beovision 10 that is receiving Freeview perfectly well!

Can anyone offer any advice on this PLEASE?

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 7:01 PM

I'm afraid B&O were caught out there by the UK's decision to go with a different 'kind' of Freeview HD at the last minute, so the Freeview HD in your TV will work in the rest of Europe - but in the UK it can only show SD (standard definition).

The module update is actually a replacement, to what's called a "T2" - which is UK Freeview HD 'ready' ....

Yes, it's not good - but if you buy a Humax PVR-t or the like, you'll not only have Freeview HD, you'll be able to record programmes too !

Lee 

PS - Welcome to BeoWorld, and may I say that's a cracking name you have there.. WinkBig Smile

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

You must have a type 4781 DVB in your TV which could NOT receive Freeview HD even after a software update

Your DVB will need to be replaced with a type 4778  T2/C or 4780 T2/C/S2 depending on your requirements to resolve the issue..

As Lee said B&O were caught with a last minute change to the UK Freeview spec.

Regards Keith....

david707
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Bronze Member
david707 replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:15 PM

I had an intermittent fault with the DVB in my BV8 so an engineer replaced it with a T2 under warranty. It did not work at all. The fault was eventually traced to another module but I believe there is a requiremnt to swap several modules for the upgrade not just the DVB tuner. However at £850 I doubt there will be many takers.

David

LeeR
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
LeeR replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:57 AM

Thanks guys.

Reply from B&O:

Hi Lee

I might have an idea why you can not see "Freeview HD".

It is probably because the "Freeview HD" you wish to receive uses CI+ which is sent on T2.
Your current module is a T/C (MKI) and if above mentioned is correct, you need a T2/C (MKIII) module as the dealer told you.

I understand your frustration on this matter, but the MKIII module first became standard in BeoVision 10 around medio 2011.

That is why you can not update because you need the new module. I am sorry to inform you that you need to buy the new module to watch "Freeview HD"

Kind regards,
Bang & Olufsen a/s

Mikkel Pedersen
Customer Service (Denmark)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS