Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BC 9500 - PL output is silent

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
BeoFrederic Posted: Sat, Sep 15 2018 3:27 AM

I've just received a BC 9500 back from repair shop (the tape deck needed belts, and the glass needed adhering.) Both repairs are functional, thanks in part to suggestions from some kind folks on this forum.  It's very needed, because the repair guys have very little B&O experience.

My new problem:  I've plugged my two BL 4000 into the back of the unit, but neither speaker will light up regardless of source:  CD, radio, tape. Unfortunately, the BLs *were* working with the BC 9500 before I took it into the repair shop. 

The 'Mute' function is not illuminated.  I've plugged in headphones, and there is music.

I've checked, and the BL 4000s are functional.  I have a spare BeoSound 4000, and when plugged into it the speakers fire up and play.  So: the problem isn't the speakers.

Obviously, I'll have to take it back tomorrow when they open.  In the meantime...anyone have any ideas what the repair guys might have disconnected when the opened the cabinet to repair the BC 9500?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Sep 15 2018 11:44 AM

It could be one of the connectors to PCB 53, which is the PCB immediately behind the BC9500's connection panel.  (EDIT: It's the lower of the two PCBs that are mounted horizontally - see photo below).

A thought: Are you sure that there isn't a headphone adaptor (1/4 inch to 3.5mm) plugged into the headphone socket hence muting the output?  And have you tried connecting passive speakers?

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member

Guy!  Thank you so much.  All is now well.  It was a rogue headphone adaptor, just as you suspected.  What an immense feeling of relief over such a simple fix. Lets have a Party !!! 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Sep 16 2018 9:58 AM

BeoFrederic:

Guy!  Thank you so much.  All is now well.  It was a rogue headphone adaptor, just as you suspected.  What an immense feeling of relief over such a simple fix. Lets have a Party !!! 

Great news!  Thanks for letting us know.  And please rest assured that you are not the first to have this 'fault'!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS