Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocentre 9300 & Replacement for Penta Speakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Beiber39
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
Beiber39 Posted: Mon, Sep 17 2018 10:40 AM

Hi,

on another topic (rather than headphones as per the last post) my wife and I are looking to down size our house (we are retired now and live in a large 4 bedroom house).

I have a Beocentre 9300 with Penta speakers but I may need to get rid of the Penta's for smaller speakers (about 2 foot x 1 foot) as we may be limited on space, sorry to say, as I do love them. I prefer clarity above base.

I have raised a query about a decent set of headphones to get a good audio quality and seem to have that covered.

Appreciate comments on floor speakers to replace the Penta (probably not at the same quality but I will have the good quality headsets when I want a quality listen)

Thanks

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Sep 17 2018 11:13 AM

S45-2

Ban boring signatures!

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Mon, Sep 17 2018 1:29 PM

Really depends on the size of the room you move too and budget - if you end up with high ceilings then the Penta's wont look out of place. S45-2 are amazing for their size, or you could have S75's if the height is a problem. They won't match the looks of the 9300 whereas Beolab 8000's would - although they won't sound anywhere near as good as your Penta's - in my opinion anyway.

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Beolab 9s are small but pack as much punch as your Pentas.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS