Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

What is on your Christmas list?

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member
Chris Harrison Posted: Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:01 PM

LC2 for me!

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:11 PM

Nothing B&O. My twins' driving licenses perhaps (not cheap, this), success at school and a good health for all, that's it.

Jacques

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

To see my youngest son for Xmas and get my BM 4400 up and working for the holidays.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Gold Member

Move into my new house and get nearly everything I own out of storage

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:46 PM

Chris the LC2 is great!! I've used one in my lounge since 2005.  Fantastic range from the Beo4. I have the Beo4 wall mounted next to my entrance and it turns on the light lounge right at the other side of the room. LC2 is hidden behind a unit too :)

Shock horror, BEATS Mixr headphones on my Christmas list for DJing/rocking a party :)

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:19 AM

That our first grandchild arrives safely and on schedule in January ... I already have too many family birthdays (1 x wife, 2 x sons) in the lead up to Christmas Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Anything that I don't have to spend half the day putting together

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:20 AM

chartz:

Nothing B&O. My twins' driving licenses perhaps (not cheap, this), success at school and a good health for all, that's it.

here here Jacques, just a happy family christmas for us this year, and toys for the kids :-)

Olly

Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:23 AM

elephant:

That our first grandchild arrives safely and on schedule in January ... I already have too many family birthdays (1 x wife, 2 x sons) in the lead up to Christmas Big Smile

Hope all goes well :)

You would think we would learn after the first lol... Daughter at beginning of December and son on the 28th lol... Expensive time of year!

Olly

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:59 AM

Step1:

elephant:

Hope all goes well :)

Thank you !

BeoNut since '75

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

I want this...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f04_1354068338

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 5:47 PM

I'd like an A9...

But really, I could do without a single present - just spending some quality time with friends and family will do for me.  All i seem to do is work these days - and with a "triple-dip recession" looming it's not going to get any easier..

Give it another year and we'll all be eating grass clippings and living in daub and wattle huts if this carries on. Indifferent

Lee

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:32 PM

I am working Christmas Day, so a nice quiet evening would be nice! Big Smile Working New Year's Eve night as well but doubt that will be that quiet!

Peter

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:17 PM

Bummer, Peter.  I'm off from the 20th through the 1st.  I'll have a festive beverage in your honor both the 25th and 31st.

I am hoping for the Beatles White Album LP, and that my daughters don't destroy the RX2 I set up for them in their bedroom in the coming days.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:28 PM

Peter:

I am working Christmas Day, so a nice quiet evening would be nice! Big Smile Working New Year's Eve night as well but doubt that will be that quiet!

Why Peter, are you a doctor to do night shifts?

Rich:

I am hoping for the Beatles White Album LP, and that my daughters don't destroy the RX2 I set up for them in their bedroom in the coming days.

Don't expect too much... I have read all over the Internet that those LPs were awfully pressed, and digitally mastered. Angry

Jacques

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:21 PM

A wii u.

Unfortunately I played with it before Xmas

Wiiiish I hadn't bothered now.

It's wiily wubbish

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:58 PM

chartz:
awfully pressed, and digitally mastered. Angry

Not wishing to start a bun fight but there is nothing inherently wrong with digital mastering, there is only good and bad mastering.

Ban boring signatures!

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:16 PM

Puncher:

chartz:

Not wishing to start a bun fight but there is nothing inherently wrong with digital mastering, there is only good and bad mastering.

Agreed, but why use digital copies when EMI have the original analogue tapes at hand, all recorded on superb Studer machines, with vastly superior definition and dynamic range than the digital copies, at a meagre 44.1 KHz? After all they used those very tapes and Studer machines to transfer the tracks!

Just silly, and the end of an illusion for many Beatles fans. I have old Beatles LPs which sound much, much better than the 2009 CDs!

And I hear that the pressings are just appalling - discs off-centre, melted grooves, with a lot of groove noise. Just unacceptable.

Jacques

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:58 PM

chartz:

Puncher:

chartz:

Agreed, but why use digital copies when EMI have the original analogue tapes at hand, all recorded on superb Studer machines, with vastly superior definition and dynamic range than the digital copies, at a meagre 44.1 KHz? After all they used those very tapes and Studer machines to transfer the tracks!

Just silly, and the end of an illusion for many Beatles fans. I have old Beatles LPs which sound much, much better than the 2009 CDs!

And I hear that the pressings are just appalling - discs off-centre, melted grooves, with a lot of groove noise. Just unacceptable.

My understanding is that they took a lot more care than you infer. I can't comment on the vinyl pressings to which you refer but for details of the transfer from tape and the release of the remastered series, see  HERE.

Ban boring signatures!

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:13 PM

A very interesting read I had not come across, so thanks!

But it says nothing about the LPs of course, which have huge quality control issues it seems. Also, they appear not to come from the hi-res original masters, but from downsampled ones. This is a shame, because analogue has infinite resolution! So an original transfer from analogue tapes would have been better!

Jacques

FlintIronstag
Not Ranked
Houston, TX USA
Posts 53
Bronze Member

- Porsche 928 GTS

- strip it and Dynamat.  Every.  Single.  Surface. Paint JET BLACK (interior too)

- Factory refurbish

- Kuhn Twin Turbo Kit

- Killer Stereo

- Blackout Tint

- die.

http://www.kuhnperformance.com/model-specific-performance/porsche-928-twin-turbo/porsche-928-twin-turbo

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 12:23 PM

FlintIronstag:

928 GTS

- strip it and Dynamat.  Every.  Single.  Surface. Paint JET BLACK (interior too)

- Factory refurbish

- Kuhn Twin Turbo Kit

- Killer Stereo

- Blackout Tint

- die.

http://www.kuhnperf

.....or you could get a black one ?

;-)

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 3:29 PM

Enjoying the Renegade Creation concert "Bullet" (Michael Landau/Robben Ford) via Youtube on my ipad with new sound thanks to Beoplay A3 - a real great product and a real nice price...

Happy Christmas

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (23 items) | RSS