Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New batteries not charging beocom 6000

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Richard
Not Ranked
Warwick
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Richard Posted: Tue, Oct 9 2018 6:20 PM

Hi, I hope someone can help. I recently had to replace my batteries in my both my beocom 6000 handsets. I got the correct batteries but they don\t seem to hold charge and charging is erratic. Can someone help. I have tried powering the handsets off and then replacing them on the charging pyrimids with green light on. The red light turns on and of a few times with the bleeps and then the base turns green. But the batteries don't hold charge. Please help if you can.

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

You need to 'tell' the handset that it has a fresh battery.  Charge it for a few mins, remove the handset and enter the code 9#9#9*655  Then press the center button - it should beep.  Then charge normally.  Also, those phones are very fussy about which batteries will work with them.  Be sure you have a proper replacement.

Richard
Not Ranked
Warwick
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Richard replied on Tue, Oct 9 2018 7:48 PM

Hi, thank you for your quick reply. I will try this. Thanks.

Richard
Not Ranked
Warwick
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Richard replied on Tue, Oct 9 2018 7:51 PM

These are the batteries i have used.

BATTERY 800mAh for Bang & Olufsen BeoCom 6000 3HR-AAAU, T373

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

I used to get replacements at a B&O shop.  They were yellow and I think Sanyo-branded.  Maybe $40 each.  If you search on eBay for 'Beocom 6000 battery', make sure the seller has positive feedback for selling the battery.  'Would indicate that it works in the phone.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS