Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Chromecast unstabel

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member
andybandy Posted: Sat, Oct 13 2018 4:58 PM

Hi. 

I start this thread, so We Can Get some experience How Google cast and groups working out there in the market.

Maybe some in the devolopent appartment Can bring some news and information about software upgrade to B&O products with Google cast. Or something from Google coming out.

Becauae I have issue with cast to different products. Special Beoplay a9. And togheter with core and Beoplay m3. 

Its Take alot of time to a9 connect to the cast. When it have connectet. It work fine and stabel. 

But Its lag on the volum control. In generel i Can see that Google cast Take time to connect. The most irritated thing. And sometimes you need to Try cancel cast and on the cast again. 

AirPlay  and b&o app is no problem. So feel all of this is about Google cast. No lag when you control volum with AirPlay or b&o app. So it cannot be the network. 

is there someone that know something about How Google cast work, and know Maybe this is a Google problem, or b&o software problem on the products. 

hope people Can give feedback How They feel Its work. 

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Sat, Oct 13 2018 8:50 PM

Hi

you may give us more details on how you use Chromecast… and if your devices have the latest sofware installed.

I have a Chromecast Audio device connected to my Beolabs. I created a group with my BS35 and M3s and it works fine. No delay, no lag. The group was created with the Google Home app.

When I use this group, I don't use the B&O app nor Airplay. I use the Synology DS Audio, Deezer or TuneIn app.

Note that, depending the type of connection (wifi or ethernet), the order of the "joining" and the order of IP addresses, I observed dropouts.

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member
andybandy replied on Sat, Oct 13 2018 10:49 PM

I want to start a general dicussion about this.

but I have a A9 mk II , m3, core. I have most problem

with a9. It Take lontime to connect, lag on volum. I bouth a chromecast audio Dongel put to line in on a9. Think work stabel, no lag and fast connect to a9. But a9 have built in chromecast. Tough the point that you dont need chromecast dongel... someone that strugle with a9mkIi? Or other product from b&o with chromecast built in. The version of Google cast in a9 and m3 is many lower version of Google own cast unit. I Try to Google «Google» If there some information of different version and What They have fix. But cannot find.. some one know Where you Can read that information. What the fix of each update and the relase date. To see If it have Been fix in Google cast audio unit. And b&o not yet update Google firmware version to newest.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sun, Oct 14 2018 6:23 AM
I was waiting for airplay-2 to get multi-room to work, but it seems b&o needs some more months to implement it.

So, i’m also looking into google/chromecast now. How exactly does it work? Do i need to pre-build groups or is there a more convenient way to join speakers (i.e., cast to a9, then have a second join, then stop the first and add a bs1 instead). seemless and quick how airplay-2 does it)?
jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Sun, Oct 14 2018 8:28 AM
I have similar problems on my Essence MkII and A6.

Any suggestions to solve it are more than welcome
jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Sun, Oct 14 2018 9:19 AM
The Essence and A6 are on Chromecast version 1.25.91810 which is indeed an old Chromecast firmware version. Is there a possibility to upgrade to a more recent version?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

They’d better do something there....now that they seem to push Chromecasting in the newer devices.

On your own you can’t do anything, unfortunately.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member
andybandy replied on Sun, Oct 14 2018 7:09 PM

And the Google Audio dongel have version 1.35.134464. Maybe that is the reason off unstabel on the oldest product as A9, A6, Essence MKII? 

Someone at B&O beta tester that maybe have a newer version install off this? 

I wont to know the experience. 

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Mon, Oct 15 2018 8:55 AM
What is the Google Cast firmware version of a Core? Is it a newer version than 1.25.xxxxx?

Is casting to the Core behaving more stable than to older devices?
andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member
andybandy replied on Mon, Oct 15 2018 10:02 PM

Core and m3 have same cast firmware, and work better. (still i feel its old) 
A9 its not work at all. core and m3 is okei. 

hope B&O can fix this with a cast firmware update, its newer then 1.25.xx.

HAWK
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
HAWK replied on Fri, Jan 22 2021 1:34 PM

Since a few weeks I have problems using my Essence Mk2 as Chromecast device. For months it was possible to cast with TuneIn, Spotify, Deezer, etc, and the essence was part of a Google home speaker group, but now it stopped working.

Playing with the B&O app still works, but since I have several speaker groups using Google home, this is not ideal. 

The log shows "Authentication server unreachable, stopping Google Cast!". Strangely my other Google speakers work as they should.... Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS