Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 7700 turns off right after turning on.

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Chilchon
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Chilchon Posted: Tue, Nov 6 2018 6:31 PM

My 7700 has recently been turning off when starting a record on the player. If I un-plugged the unit and tried again it would power up and stay on. Now, even with the radio--it will not stay on. It turns on very briefly, the speakers work in that instant and then the unit powers off. When I press the PH button, the record player arm moves toward the record and then the unit turns off and the arm returns to home. I appreciate any help.

Regards,

Scott

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Nov 6 2018 7:30 PM

Most likely to be a DC offset problem in one of the output stages.

Martin

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Tue, Nov 6 2018 8:00 PM

In plain English, one or more components needs replacing and will need someone who knows electronics to fix this. The good news is that these machines are made to be serviced and there are service manuals available. This is also the very best record based music centre made so well worth fixing.

Peter

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 9:26 AM

Also maybe check your speaker cables and plugs in case there are any shorts which may cause it to switch off.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 9:26 AM

Also maybe check your speaker cables and plugs in case there are any shorts which may cause it to switch off.

MrMoto
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
MrMoto replied on Mon, Mar 2 2020 6:38 PM

I have had my BeoCenter 7700 for many years and it has been working perfectly. Today, when I wanted to listen to the FM, it came on for 10 seconds and then the display panel went out and the relay clicked off. All of the functions now act the same way, they come on for 10 seconds and then turn off as if I pressed the standby button. Is this likely to be the DC offset problem mentioned by Martin? I assume it is on the amplifier board? Can anyone recommend someone in the USA that I could send the board to for repair? 

curtsprang
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

We’re you able to determine the problem? I’m having the same issue with my 7700.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS