Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Is it possible to use the DVI input on Beovision 7-32 Mk2 (9321) ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

stiankd
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
stiankd Posted: Tue, Nov 20 2018 1:00 PM

Hi,

I have an old BV 7-32 mkii (9321).

As far as I know, it doesn't have the HD Ready upgrade. Can someone help me confirm that it is possible / not possible to show PC images (or any other HTPC/aTV etc.) on this screen?

When I assign 'PC' as source on AV4, the HDTV options are only "No" and "YPbPr". I cannot choose DVI.

On this TV, is it in any way possible to use the DVI-port to get a computer image on the screen? Or is it only possible by using the Y/Pb/Pr connections on the AV4 ports, and use an adapter to convert the PC output to component video in the Y/Pb/Pr-format?

I have tried to search the forums, and there's a lot regarding how to get audio when using DVI-input, but not so much on how to get the DVI-input to work at all for video.

The HD-ready upgrade I hear people talk about, was that a hardware upgrade or a software upgrade?

I have a feeling that trying to get my Beovision mk2 7-32 showing images from my PC is a dead end..

thnx

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Nov 20 2018 1:20 PM

I was under the impression that pressing PC will simply select the DVI-I input, and enable you to view your PC images as long as you have connected it to the TV using a hdmi to dvi lead.

Do not assign PC to any of the other inputs (AV1-4) or this will, in effect, override the DVI input selection.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi stiankd,

Welcome to Beoworld!

Yes, you should be able to assign the DVI socket and an audio input to the PC button, I have done this on my Beovision 8-32 at home.  If the DVI option isn't available in the menu under the PC source, this may because this socket has already been linked to another input.  If is worth checking all the assigned inputs in the TV menu, in case one of them says "HD = YES" - changing this should free up the DVI socket so that it shows again when you select the PC input.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

stiankd
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
stiankd replied on Wed, Nov 21 2018 11:08 AM

Thanks for your replies!

It works! It was a issue with the output from my computer, so there was no image to detect at the DVI-input of the Beovision. A computer restart, and now the BV shows PC as source on AV4, and uses DVI automatically as input when I choose "PC" on my Beo4 remote (which had to be added to the "List" function).

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Nov 21 2018 11:11 AM

stiankd:

Thanks for your replies!

It works! It was a issue with the output from my computer, so there was no image to detect at the DVI-input of the Beovision. A computer restart, and now the BV shows PC as source on AV4, and uses DVI automatically as input when I choose "PC" on my Beo4 remote (which had to be added to the "List" function).

Great news - thanks for letting us know!

ouverture
Top 500 Contributor
London
Posts 263
Bronze Member

is it possible to somehow find a way to trick the Beo 4 remote, so that when you press TV it automatically selects the DVI connection, rather than pressing List and scrolling down to find PC option ??

any clever ways to re-program the Beo 4 at all ??

RobN
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
RobN replied on Sun, Oct 13 2019 12:14 PM

Hi Ouverture,

Glad you got your DVI input working. I also have a 7-32 and I use the same input for my AppleTV (via a converter). It works very well.

In answer to your question on programming the BEO4, I'm not aware of a way of assigning new functions to the buttons, but what you can do is make sure when you press list PC is the first thing that comes up, this makes it pretty quick and easy to select it. I've done this for the AppleTV.

• Press List + Power Off buttons and hold them for a few seconds.
  • The LCD will read ADD?
  • Press List until you see MOVE?
  • Press GO
  • Then press List until you see PC, then press GO
  • Now press any of the top function buttons (e.g. TV or DTV) and when you next press List the first thing that comes up is PC press GO and the jobs done.

I hope that helps a bit?

Best, Rob

Stevenlowry
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

Hi rob - seen this message and I was wondering whether you can run me through how to set up my Beovision 7-32 MK3 to play the Apple TV. I have tried a number of occasion and failed.

So far ill tell you where I am

I have a cheap amazon basic cdmi to dvi - which I plug into my tv. My beo4 remote doesn't have a button for pc. where do I go from here because I cannot select a source.

Thanks for any help?

Stevenlowry
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

Hi rob - seen this message and I was wondering whether you can run me through how to set up my Beovision 7-32 MK3 to play the Apple TV. I have tried a number of occasion and failed.

So far ill tell you where I am

I have a cheap amazon basic cdmi to dvi - which I plug into my tv. My beo4 remote doesn't have a button for pc. where do I go from here because I cannot select a source.

Thanks for any help?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS