Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Poll: Has your Avant failed ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael Posted: Fri, Nov 30 2018 10:03 PM
Just a quick poll to see if anyone else’s video engine in their gen 1 Avant has failed some how ?

My replacement video engine is being delayed so just wondering if there’s a backlog or there just are no parts.

Thanks

M
Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sat, Dec 1 2018 8:30 PM
Mine is still working flawlessly. Did they try to reseat the cables? I still believe the issue is a loose LVDS cable.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

David Coyne
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts 305
Bronze Member

Yes, mine had to be replaced after about 15 months.

I now have issues where if i have the avant and core (as audio master) and use multi room music cuts in and out on the avant and speakers directly connected. Appears a software fault on the Avant somewhere. Trying to get  a response from Denmark is near impossible.

I'm still waiting, a month later for a response in relation to the ongoing software problems I had with my Moment. I returned the moment after 18 months of issues for a refund. I posted a series of questions on:

This forum

B&O facebook page and sent it via messenger for good measure ( I can see it has been read)

BeoCare

I followed up asking if there was a reason to the lack of response and no response to that either.

I imagine I'm now on a list and perceived as difficult, when actually I've been terribly patient and loyal to brand. It really is a shame as the products are beautiful just ruined by constant software issues that render them unusable as a group of products. The number of products that have been returned in Sydney prior to the stores closing is astounding... all due to similar issues. I remain surprised the company is financially viable.

David

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

f5434964
Top 500 Contributor
Austria
Posts 206
Bronze Member

Hello!

failed twice

Best Regards Elmar

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS