Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 11 - Multiroom issues with Spotify connect and Tune-In using Beolink

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Luke
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Luke Posted: Sat, Dec 1 2018 1:46 PM

Hello community!

My current B&O Setup include the following products that I use in a multiroom setup; Beovision 11-55 with 4 connected BL 18 and a BL19 sub. Two M5 and two A6 that I have in different rooms and one Essence Mk2 with a pair of BL17.

I mainly use Spotify for streaming music and hence Spotify connect. It works like a charm when I stream to M5 + A6 + Essence and there is absolutely no outages with the streaming. But as soon as I connect the BV11 via Beolink (using the B&O App to add the product to the stream since it doesn't natively support Spotify Connect). Music continue to stream perfect to all B&O products, but on the TV it works for some minutes, then it loose connection and the sound disappear and stutter. Then it can play ok for some minutes and then same thing happens again.

Should add that I have tested to connect the the BV11 both with ethernet cable and also using Wifi, but the results are exactly the same. So I have a hard time thinking that this is a network issue.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues? Any settings in the BV11 or in the other products that I can play with? Usually I use one of my M5 as the "master" where I start my Spotify connect stream and then I add upp the other multiroom products using the B&O app.

Or is this an issue just because the BV11 does not support spotify connect? The Beolink seems to be the issue here. I'm actually thinking about replacing my BV11 for a Eclipse instead and that will probably solve this issue, albeit a very expensive solution Stick out tongue

Thanks in advance for any advice or input Smile

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Dec 1 2018 5:40 PM

Try: Set the Essence as integrated music system to your BV11. Then play Spotify connect through this connection.

Luke
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Sun, Dec 2 2018 12:47 PM

Carolpa:

Try: Set the Essence as integrated music system to your BV11. Then play Spotify connect through this connection.

Wow, thanks!! This solved it! I had no idea what this option did int he Beolink-menu. Makes sense now when having goten it to work. This also gave me the benefit that I can start the music stream from Spotify directly to the BV11 without linking via one of my M5 which I always did before.

Really appreciated input and the great benefit of this great forum!

Lets have a Party !!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS