Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoremote ONE BT for a mac and other brand tv

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member
crossbytje Posted: Mon, Dec 17 2018 6:10 PM

Hi,

It may have been asked before, but I can't seem to find the thread...

Actually, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to pair a beoremote one BT to a mac s.t. it controls the itunes player, or a kodi/plex setup? Or is the BT functionality not intended for such uses?

This would maybe solve my single remote obsession, and give me a slick piece of design to use my mac and a third party TV (maybe a Loewe Bild7, but maybe also a cheaper high end OLED screen).

2. It can probably be programmed to work with any tv that receives IR commands? So it can probably be used to power up a pre-amp as well?

3. The bottom line probably: can it operate without a beovision, or does it really need the BV as a hub?

Thanks a lot!

Beolit 12 - Beolab 4 pc (dead now) - Beoplay H5 - Beolab 9 - BeoRemote One BT - Beoplay M3

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member

No one has a BT remote he or she can try to pair with an apple computer?

Beolit 12 - Beolab 4 pc (dead now) - Beoplay H5 - Beolab 9 - BeoRemote One BT - Beoplay M3

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Dec 22 2018 9:32 AM

Hi,

I can only speak for an Essence remote; maybe that'll help you a little bit. I paired it with a High Resolution Audio Walkman (Sony NWZ-ZX1) as I wanted a remote control when it's connected to a stereo system. I have paired the remote successfully and it controls volume as  well as track skipping.

If you have a portable Mac the best solution would be driving to the nearest B&O dealer, test a Beoremote One BT with your Mac to see if you can pair it and what functions can be used.

The Beoremote one can NOT control any 3rd party devices via infrared! For that you'll need an infrared translator such as the Lintronic TT-238:
http://lintronic.dk/Products.aspx

It is compatible with a Beoremote One and can learn and control almost any device that uses an infrared remote.

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member

Wow, that page looks like it's 15 years old!

But if the tech still works, it may lead to the solution. Would you know if it is a one on one mapping that is made, or can you e.g. translate one source command (remote control press) to multiple target commands? (Not that I have an immediate use for this in mind, but an 'all off' button might be one such case.)

(There's been some help in another thread on the BR1BT as well, maybe these can be joined?)

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Dec 23 2018 6:48 PM

Yes, it can use macros as well:
http://www.lintronic.dk/MemoryMap_Database.pdf

Merry christmas :)

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 241
Bronze Member
Jon replied on Sun, Dec 23 2018 7:21 PM

Just tried it with my Mac. Works fine for changing volume, skip and pause tracks in iTunes (exactly same as Essence remote). I'd assume playback control will work with other applications too if they're already playing.

None of the other buttons on the remote do anything though, so it's unlikely you'll be able to use it for flipping through things in Kodi/Plex etc, you'll need the Lintronic hub for that I guess.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS