Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoRemote one light command

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
Posts 192
Bronze Member
gysse2004 Posted: Tue, Dec 25 2018 4:57 PM

can the preset light commands be altered, ie- evening, night, morning. They don’t do anything to my LC2.but the number keys does.

Peter

Beovision eclipse 65, Beolab 50, Beolab 18, Beovision 11, Beolab 3, Beolab 2, BeoVision 10, MLGW, BeoLink converter Nl/Ml, Beosound 5, BLGW

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Dec 26 2018 10:38 AM
The LIGHT and CONTROL presets send out specific commands that are used by the BeoLink Gateway for building macros, For example, the preset "morning" sends the command "LIGHT FUNCTION 1" and the preset "leaving" sends the command "LIGHT FUNCTION 2." The IR commands that are sent cannot be changed. They are not intended for use with the LC1 or LC2 but rather intended for the MLGW or BLGW. In the MLGW or BLGW you can use the commands to trigger macros to carry out any event that you want via the gateway.
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Dec 26 2018 10:51 AM

There IS a way that you could achieve what you want, but you would need a BLGW and a Global Caché ITach IR emitter. You would use the BLGW to receive the BeoRemote One preset command to use to trigger a macro. The macro could then send out whatever sequence of B&O light commands to be emitted by the iTach to send those commands to your LC2. However, if you had a BLGW, you would probably prefer to use smart lighting such as Philips Hue rather than use the LC2.

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
Posts 192
Bronze Member
gysse2004 replied on Wed, Dec 26 2018 11:17 AM

Thanks Beojeff, sounds like an expensive solution. I have a Mlgw, and the Ml/Nl converter. I might at some stage get a BLGW. Thanks for clarifying.

Peter

Beovision eclipse 65, Beolab 50, Beolab 18, Beovision 11, Beolab 3, Beolab 2, BeoVision 10, MLGW, BeoLink converter Nl/Ml, Beosound 5, BLGW

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

gysse2004:

Thanks Beojeff, sounds like an expensive solution. I have a Mlgw, and the Ml/Nl converter. I might at some stage get a BLGW. Thanks for clarifying.

Peter

Which kind of light do you want to control - do you have LC1/2’s?

Starting from scratch with some Hue lights (and the gateway) should not be too expensive.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Dec 26 2018 11:53 AM

gysse2004:

Peter

The Global Caché iTach is pretty inexpensive. However, I believe there is only an iTach driver for the BLGW. The MLGW would probably need custom command strings written.

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
Posts 192
Bronze Member
gysse2004 replied on Wed, Dec 26 2018 1:54 PM

Hue is not really expensive, but the BLGW is 10.000kr I believe. That’s a lot just to control light with..

Peter

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Nowadays the gateway is called BeoLiving Intelligence - it not quite that expensive (however just for controlling a couple of Hue lights that is a lot of money).

https://www.khimo.com/

Ir controlling of the LC1/2’s is passé - as are the bulbs used there.

They can be controlled still - but not with the shortcuts that you mentioned.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS