Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

4K projector in combination with Beosystem4 possible?

rated by 0 users
This post has 32 Replies | 4 Followers

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
hobbes03 Posted: Thu, Dec 27 2018 2:41 PM

Hello

Is it possible to use a 4K projector in combination with the beosystem4 (and use the 4k resolution)?

I have a beosystem4 connected to two BeoLab 18 (Front), 7-1 (Center) and Beolab14 System (Sub+4 Rear Speakers). All speakers (with exception of the center speaker are connected via cat-cables to the Beosystem/Beo14 Sub/Hub). My AppleTV, TViX and NAS (connected to the TViX) are connected to the Beosystem4 and currently i project content to my 10 year old Sanyo PLV-Z4 projector, which is HD ready... as the lamp reaches its end of life with 3000 hrs I would like to upgrade to 4K projector as netflix and AppleTV content is getting more broadly available, and even HD content probably looks better "upscaled" on a 4K projector.

Today I spoke to a HiFi retailer, who said, I probably need to sell my beosystem 4 and get a proper A/V receiver like the Marantz SR-6013 and connect all speakers and projector to this system, which sounds like a nightmare to me..(cables/adapters changes, and not being able to use the beo4 remote as one remote for all my devices)...

Or simply buy an HD projector until a better solution becomes available? Was also thinking of buying an JVC-X7900 (HD but 4K e-shift option) but i guess when the signal that reaches the projector is HD only, the JVC won't uspscale it to 4k with e-shift...

thanks for any help!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 2:51 PM
hobbes03:

Hello

Is it possible to use a 4K projector in combination with the beosystem4 (and use the 4k resolution)?

I have a beosystem4 connected to two BeoLab 17 (Front), 7-1 (Center) and Beolab14 System (Sub+4 Rear Speakers). All speakers (with exception of the center speaker are connected via cat-cables to the Beosystem/Beo14 Sub/Hub). My AppleTV, TViX and NAS (connected to the TViX) are connected to the Beosystem4 and currently i project content to my 10 year old Sanyo PLV-Z4 projector, which is HD ready... as the lamp reaches its end of life with 3000 hrs I would like to upgrade to 4K projector as netflix and AppleTV content is getting more broadly available, and even HD content probably looks better "upscaled" on a 4K projector.

Today I spoke to a HiFi retailer, who said, I probably need to sell my beosystem 4 and get a proper A/V receiver like the Marantz SR-6013 and connect all speakers and projector to this system, which sounds like a nightmare to me..(cables/adapters changes, and not being able to use the beo4 remote as one remote for all my devices)...

Or simply buy an HD projector until a better solution becomes available? Was also thinking of buying an JVC-X7900 (HD but 4K e-shift option) but i guess when the signal that reaches the projector is HD only, the JVC won't uspscale it to 4k with e-shift...

thanks for any help!

Beosystem 4 is only full-hd, it’s only altered in avAbt 55” with extra cards. Unfortunately.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I would not give up the BSys4 for the sake of a 4K projector (they are still quite expensive, if you want quality).

Get yourself a decent HD projector with lots of lumen.....and enjoy the comfort of the BSys4, which a ‘proper A/V receiver‘ could never give you.

By the way - no ‘proper A/V receiver’ comes near to what the BSys4 offers for sound processing (with your B&O speakers).

Save the money (that what you save not buying into a 4K projector) for later....and see what the next 3-4 years will bring.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
hobbes03 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 4:33 PM

Thanks MM I was thinking about the same line, given that I bought the BSys4+Speakers just two years ago.. and also fear that the combination of my speakers only work properly with the BeoSys4... your comment is re-assuring as I really like "one" system that works smoothly and provides superb sound.

My consideration for 4K was that my last projector lasted 10yrs and a new one should again last several years and 4K projectors have come down a bit in price recently. Spent 3hrs today exploring the different 4k options just realizing in the end that it would not be supported by the BSys4.

Are there any HD projectors that you (or the community) recommend in particular (as lots of lumen alone is also not everything, as high-lumen projectors can become quite noisy), was thinking of the Sony VPL-HW65ES (1800 Lumen), which is still sold and a PUC would already be available ;-) The X-7900 from JVC would be another option, even though I would probably not be able to enjoy the e-shift to 4K if the signal is 1080p i guess...

Thanks again!

quader
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Bronze Member
quader replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 5:14 PM

I am currently reviewing the 4k Projectors from Optoma such as the UDx300 to connect with my Eclipse

using the current B& O speakers

would appreciate beoworlders thoughts on this

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 5:26 PM
hobbes03:

Thanks MM I was thinking about the same line, given that I bought the BSys4+Speakers just two years ago.. and also fear that the combination of my speakers only work properly with the BeoSys4... your comment is re-assuring as I really like "one" system that works smoothly and provides superb sound.

My consideration for 4K was that my last projector lasted 10yrs and a new one should again last several years and 4K projectors have come down a bit in price recently. Spent 3hrs today exploring the different 4k options just realizing in the end that it would not be supported by the BSys4.

Are there any HD projectors that you (or the community) recommend in particular (as lots of lumen alone is also not everything, as high-lumen projectors can become quite noisy), was thinking of the Sony VPL-HW65ES (1800 Lumen), which is still sold and a PUC would already be available ;-) The X-7900 from JVC would be another option, even though I would probably not be able to enjoy the e-shift to 4K if the signal is 1080p i guess...

Thanks again!

I design lecture hall systems as part of my work and try to exclusively look more at laser projectors now for good picture quality and less service. They boot instantly, cool down instantly and require less air flow to keep cool. Superb in many ways.

However I also try to avoid DLP projectors due to the spinning color wheel effect when taking photos or for some people’s migraine risks.

You can calculate wether 4K is necessary or not depending on distance. I’d say that higher resolution is more important with text and graphics than video. For example when playing video games or presenting data.

But for most purposes full HD is sufficient in an auditorium due to the size, distance and for how people present data. In a home environment it is a bit different but here ultra short throw projectors are gaining momentum rapidly. Meaning, small projector at a table or high wall near the wall you’ll present your video on. I’m leaning towards one of those myself due to it’s convenience, less installation (shorter cables etc) and Less chance to walk in front of the projector ruining the video for people sitting down. (Important in action movies Big Smile).

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

pjk561
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 5:39 PM

I use a Beosystem4 with a 4K Sony A1E, (Oled TV) without issue. I have an Oppo UDP-203 which has two HDMI outputs one of which is audio only. I feed one HDMI output to the TV and the other to the Beosystem 4. If you decide on a TV/projector with any built in apps you can typically feed the audio back from the TV to the Beosystem4. Some users of the Oppo feed the Oppo with other 4K sources. I haven't tried this but many are reporting it works.

pjk561
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 5:49 PM

please note there are devices such as the products from HDFury which can separate the 4K video out from the Audio to feed to your TV/projector and receiver/processor individually.

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
hobbes03 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 7:13 PM

Thx Michael - Laser is indeed an interesting option (especially if you frequently turn on/off the system). Saw today the Sony VPL-VW760ES and 870ES with superb UHD image quality but both are clearly beyond my budget and won't work with the BSys4. They also have an ultra-short distance version VPL-VZ1000 ES, pretty impressive too. Would need to investigate if there are interesting laser options in HD quality.

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
hobbes03 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 7:28 PM

Thanks Pjk561 - hmm that sounds interesting - would need to investigate if there are projectors with HDMI output, could get a bit tricky to get two UHD-HDMI cables through my "AV pipe" in the concrete room ceiling though....

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 7:29 PM
Projectors don't really do HDR properly, from what I understand. While 4K is some improvement, without HDR, where the bigger PQ improvement comes from, I wouldn't rejig that much of your setup.

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
hobbes03 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 7:41 PM

thank you again pjk561! will look into it, also saw in the B&O idea catalogue (v.3.2), that Atlona may also offers a solution as they work together with B&O and have also matrix&switches, just need to figure out if it really does what I need. Anybody with experience on that?

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
hobbes03 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:06 PM

Hi Sandyb, unfortunately I did not have the A/B comparison between a really good HD and UHD projector side by side. I sit approx 6.2 meters away from my screen which is 2.4x1.35m wide (roughly corresponding to 108 inch diameter). I suppose the image will be better in 4K compared to 2K, as crisper and sharper by the increase in resolution. HDR itself is indeed not that great on projectors even though this has also improved with the latest models... the reasoning behind my consideration for 4K was to be ready if that format gets widely adopted by netflix and AppleTV streaming, as I normally don't exchange my devices every year and I am willing to invest a little more if it will satisfy my needs also in the future....

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:14 PM

hobbes03:

thank you again pjk561! will look into it, also saw in the B&O idea catalogue (v.3.2), that Atlona may also offers a solution as they work together with B&O and have also matrix&switches, just need to figure out if it really does what I need. Anybody with experience on that?

I use both the Atlona switch and the matrix with my BeoSystem 4. The switch is what you would need if you want to have BOTH a tv screen and a projector attached to your BeoSystem 4. For regular viewing, the BeoSystem 4 sends the video signal to the tv. When you send the CINEMA command with your BeoRemote, the TV switches off and the video signal is routed to the projector, which turns on if the projector is in the PUC. You won't see the capability to have BOTH a TV and a projector unless you have the Atlona switch attached. The BeoSystem 4 senses if the Atlona switch is attached, and if it is, then you see the options in the BeoSystem 4 menu to have 2 separate video outputs via HDMI. Note that you MUST have the B&O specific version of the Atlona switch in order to have the firmware for the switch to be properly detected by the BeoSystem 4. However, you don't need the switch if you just have a projector and not a TV. Having the switch also provides more automation programming for the timing and signaling for a projector screen, lift, and lights to correspond with CINEMA mode on/off.

The earlier suggestions about an Oppo blu-ray player with dual HDMI and an HDFury audio extractor are good recommendations. When I had a BeoSystem 3 (without 3D) I used the dual HDMI Oppo solution to send the 3D signal directly to the TV while having the audio go to the BeoSystem 3. The downside to having the video signal bypass the BeoSystem is that you lose the menu overlay. A good solution to this is to use a Beo6 so that you can have all of those commands from the menu overlay programmed into Beo6 buttons. The Beo6 is nice to use with a projector anyway since you can see it in the dark.

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:30 PM

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
hobbes03 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:44 PM

Hi Beojeff  - many thanks for your explanation on the Atlona - I guess I would not need the switch, as I only have the projector (the screen is not connected to the network, but can be controlled via bluetooth/iphone app). I am just wondering if you get a 4k signal on the projector if the Atlona does not bypass the Beosystem 4 for the video signal... the point with the menu overlay is actually noteworthy thx, but if it can be solved with the Beo6 that's good to know.

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
hobbes03 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:45 PM

Hi Beojeff  - many thanks for your explanation on the Atlona - I guess I would not need the switch, as I only have the projector (the screen is not connected to the network, but can be controlled via bluetooth/iphone app). I am just wondering if you get a 4k signal on the projector if the Atlona does not bypass the Beosystem 4 for the video signal... the point with the menu overlay is actually noteworthy thx, but if it can be solved with the Beo6 that's good to know.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 10:37 PM

hobbes03:

I agree that the Atlona switch would be unnecessary in your case. In fact, it might be rather annoying to always have to send the CINEMA command to switch from TV to projector if you only use a projector. The BeoSystem 4 user guide is not at all clear about how the Atlona switch works, and BeoCare isn't any help either. I actually had to get help from Atlona to get mine to work. It's confusing that you have hidden menu options that only appear when the BeoSystem 4 detects that there is the exact switch via HDMI recognition. If you ever do a dual TV & projector setup, please feel free to PM me for help.

The HDFury devices should have programable EDIDs so that you can program the separate HDMI connections to make their own independent handshakes to set the correct resolutions independently. Beware of cheaper HDMI splitters that would not be able to do this and would thus set both HDMI connections to the lowest common denominator.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 10:43 PM

Oh, BTW-

With the Beo6, you can add the IR codes to control your projector and screen directly from the Beo6 if its not supported by a PUC -- if you can find an XML file that someone has made for those devices. The Lintronic code-converter will actually let you create your own XML files to control 3rd party devices with the Beo6.

With regard to the PUC, I recently saw where B&O added some Sony projectors to the PUC database for the BeoSystem 4. I've read that the Sony projectors usually use the same IR codes for basic functions.

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
hobbes03 replied on Fri, Dec 28 2018 12:52 AM

Many thanks again Beojeff ! Will consider that. Yes the SONY VPL-H45/65ES have been added to the PUC list which are decent HD projectors. Do you use a 4K (UHD) or HD projector in connection with your Beosystem 4/Atlona? I started wondering if it's really worth to buy the 4K projector considering also KALLASR's / MMs and Sandyb's post and not being entirely sure if it will all work out as planned even with the HDFury or Atlona. Also contacted my B&O dealer to see what he suggests, imagining that I am not the first one to have this issue... Will keep you posted:)

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Dec 28 2018 10:07 AM

hobbes03:

Many thanks again Beojeff ! Will consider that. Yes the SONY VPL-H45/65ES have been added to the PUC list which are decent HD projectors. Do you use a 4K (UHD) or HD projector in connection with your Beosystem 4/Atlona? I started wondering if it's really worth to buy the 4K projector considering also KALLASR's / MMs and Sandyb's post and not being entirely sure if it will all work out as planned even with the HDFury or Atlona. Also contacted my B&O dealer to see what he suggests, imagining that I am not the first one to have this issue... Will keep you posted:)

I'm still using a Samsung 1080p projector, but I've been considering moving up to 4K. I, too, have been considering the Sony 4K projectors. Please do share your results.

I can't see why the workaround wouldn't work just the same as the workaround did for 3D when using the old BeoSystem 3 that didn't support 3D.

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Fri, Dec 28 2018 5:43 PM
beojeff:

I'm still using a Samsung 1080p projector, but I've been considering moving up to 4K. I, too, have been considering the Sony 4K projectors. Please do share your results.

I can't see why the workaround wouldn't work just the same as the workaround did for 3D when using the old BeoSystem 3 that didn't support 3D.

I guess going for a Sony VPL VW45/55/65 will make it look like 4K in comparion to your Samsung. Make sure to have it calibrated.

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

beojeff:

hobbes03:

I have some news: my B&O "solution manager" told me that the Beo6 would not allow me to see the menu like "speaker groups" etc on the display of the Beo6, thus he did not recommend to have a work-around (feeding audio and video separately to BS4/projector) if it is important to me to keep the functionality of the BS4. He first said that he expects B&O to release a 4K system in the near future but would check again with B&O directly. He then came back with the (sad) news that nothing is actually planned. :( He also consulted with his external supplier for projectors and confirmed that from 20ft /6m distance I would not be able to tell any difference from native 4K than from good 2K or upscaled 4K resolution. He thus recommended the new Epson TW9400W, which will be released in January,  with 2600 Lumen and only 20/24db noise-level in low/high mode, 4K upscaling and 2K FI... good thing would be that this system would be future proof with the latest 4K HDMI standard in case, B&O would change their mind in the future.. So I guess at the moment this would be the best bargain and no need for new optical HDMI cables etc etc, but I would even be willing to spend a little more to have the best image (which is not just about resolution) and maybe consider the Sony VW360 or VW270 if not only the upscaling but also the overall image quality is better than from the Epson. Will probably wait until the Epson is out and check with a dealer.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Jan 6 2019 10:22 AM

hobbes03:

beojeff:

hobbes03:

I have some news: my B&O "solution manager" told me that the Beo6 would not allow me to see the menu like "speaker groups" etc on the display of the Beo6, thus he did not recommend to have a work-around (feeding audio and video separately to BS4/projector) if it is important to me to keep the functionality of the BS4. He first said that he expects B&O to release a 4K system in the near future but would check again with B&O directly. He then came back with the (sad) news that nothing is actually planned. :( He also consulted with his external supplier for projectors and confirmed that from 20ft /6m distance I would not be able to tell any difference from native 4K than from good 2K or upscaled 4K resolution. He thus recommended the new Epson TW9400W, which will be released in January,  with 2600 Lumen and only 20/24db noise-level in low/high mode, 4K upscaling and 2K FI... good thing would be that this system would be future proof with the latest 4K HDMI standard in case, B&O would change their mind in the future.. So I guess at the moment this would be the best bargain and no need for new optical HDMI cables etc etc, but I would even be willing to spend a little more to have the best image (which is not just about resolution) and maybe consider the Sony VW360 or VW270 if not only the upscaling but also the overall image quality is better than from the Epson. Will probably wait until the Epson is out and check with a dealer.

I just checked on my Beo6. You can indeed see under the "Sound" menu all sound presets such as "Music," "Movie," etc. You also get a submenu for "Speaker Group" that gives you all of your speaker groups. The speaker groups are just numeric, but you could always label them to be more descriptive.

hobbes03
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

beojeff:

hobbes03:

beojeff:

hobbes03:

I just checked on my Beo6. You can indeed see under the "Sound" menu all sound presets such as "Music," "Movie," etc. You also get a submenu for "Speaker Group" that gives you all of your speaker groups. The speaker groups are just numeric, but you could always label them to be more descriptive.

Thanks for checking Jeff, grmbl, I guess my B&O guy hasn't dealt with many Beo6 remotes recently as they are no longer sold... (but second hand). It's a real pitty that the "old" B&O remote app that is no longer compatible with the new iOS12 is no longer supported by B&O, which actually allowed you to change sound-modes and speaker groups with your iPhone, was very useful to me... and the new app does not support this function (yet) - sometimes i really wonder what's happening at B&O...

In any case - I have decided to buy a projector that will be able to deal with HDMI2.0 and HDCP2.2, just in case i wanna exploit in the future the HDR / native 4K signal/movies with some sort of work around, or in case B&O would decide to bring some sort of 4K upgrade/replacement for the BS4...

So on my shortlist are: Epson TW9400W, Sony VW360 or VW270. Once the new epson (good value for money in any case) is out I will compare the image at a dealer with the Sony's and make up my mind. I also decided to buy a bigger "grey" screen (had matte white so far) to increase size from 108'' to 131'' and to improve luminosity/brightness due to my combined living room/homecinema set-up. I guess by these measure, I will get out the best image with my BS4 for now and also do not have to worry too much, in case I want to explore adding an additional device in the future.

Big thanks again to you for bearing with me in this thread, its really amazing how people are helping each other out here, much appreciated! :)

bulldog
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Gold Member
bulldog replied on Wed, Jan 5 2022 11:33 AM

Hobbes,  did you find a solution to the 4K through a bs4 problem? I have a bs4 and 4K source (applets) and 4K Sony pj - I want to keep my bs4 but need to pass through 4K video.  Thanks. 

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Jan 5 2022 1:28 PM

I currently use a e-shift 4K laser projector (LG HU810P) with my Beovision 8-40 : the Apple TV 4K is connected to the projector AND the TV with a cheap 4K splitter that can downscale an output to 1080p ( https://amzn.to/31roJXK note : if you buy this, don't use an iPhone power plug to power it but something a bit more powerfull like an iPad power plug if you want to avoid any problem). 

With this solution I can display everything in 4K on the projector and in 1080P on the beovision, with sound from the Beovision. Note that colors are faded in the 1080p output if I select HDR, but as there isn't any projector that displays HDRcorrectly, I just disabled HDR to get perfect picture on both screens!

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Jan 5 2022 1:30 PM

So are you connecting a splitter between the HDMI out of the soundcenter and the HDMIs of the LG screen and projector ? I'm thinking of this solution if I replace my BV8 to an Eclipse or Harmony...

pauliander
Not Ranked
Posts 81
Bronze Member
I installed the Beosystem 4 with an older 4K Sony tv last summer using a HDFury splitter. While technically everything works fine overall I am not entirely satisfied with this solution. You loose too much of the functionality. For my wife it is unfeasible. But yes the sound experience is incredible Smile. So I am now looking for an integrated solution, probably with a decent HD beamer puc controlled and a larger screen that can accommodate the massive sound. Having now compared HD and 4k since a number of months, for me the 4k solution is not essential.
kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Thu, Feb 3 2022 11:32 PM

Hi beojeff

Im not sure if i have asked this before, at this moment there is a beosystem 3 connected to bvis 4-65, and projector screen with blinds and lights, all working well, purchased beosystem 4, and will get a used atlona switch, do i route hdmi of bsys 4 into atlona then hdmi out of that in lnto bvis 4? 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 12:24 PM

kai:

Hi beojeff

Im not sure if i have asked this before, at this moment there is a beosystem 3 connected to bvis 4-65, and projector screen with blinds and lights, all working well, purchased beosystem 4, and will get a used atlona switch, do i route hdmi of bsys 4 into atlona then hdmi out of that in lnto bvis 4? 

That's correct. Beware, though, that you have to get the specific B&O version of the Atlona switch. I can confirm that the regular switch will not work, and I had to send it to Atlona to have it replaced. The B&O version is loaded with firmware that gets detected via HDMI by the BS4. When the BS4 detects the switch, you then get a new menu on the BS4 that lets you setup two separate video ouptus -- one for the projector and another for the TV screen. You also then get the ability to use a PUC cable to control the splitter and also another to control the projector.

Some on here have told me that Beocare advised that the specific B&O version of the splitter is not necessary, but I know from first-hand experience that this is not true. Atlona, Beocare, and my dealer all confirmed this. Fortunately, Atlona provides amazing support and replaced mine without charge.

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Fri, Feb 4 2022 11:48 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply, i see a few on ebay so it might be worth getting one the other option is a blustream device similar to altona, anss use it with neeo remote control

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Sun, Feb 6 2022 11:14 PM

After speaking to him, he now wants move the bsystem 4 to a dedicated cinema room. With his beolab 5 beolab9's beolab 17 and lab2, the only issue i have with this its not 4k. He wants to have a dedicated cinema room, any thoughts is it better to use a avr with preouts, that way we van achieve the 4k resolution 

Page 1 of 1 (33 items) | RSS