Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 9000 CD unit Wanted

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Keith
Top 500 Contributor
Shrewsbury
Posts 138
Bronze Member
Keith Posted: Sun, Mar 3 2019 10:32 PM

Does anyone have a spare working CD unit for a Beocenter 9000 that they would happily sell?

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
Posts 764
Gold Member

You might struggle to find a complete working mech nowaday's.I have the same problem and have been looking for some time as my unit has definitely got a dud laser!!!

Are you missing a mech or does your's just not function?

Have you ruled out the notorious C2103 (33uf 16v) as being culpable?

Nick

Keith
Top 500 Contributor
Shrewsbury
Posts 138
Bronze Member
Keith replied on Mon, Mar 4 2019 3:14 PM

Hi Nick

just rebuilding a Beogram 9000 that had no CD unit, if I could find one from a different unit that would be great, but would also need all the boards as well.

Keith

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
Posts 764
Gold Member

I understand Keith!

I keep buying other kit just to salvage parts,but seem to end up repairing the units!

The problem with the cd assembly in the '9000 is that it has that novel spring thingy cd clamp,whereas the later '8500 and '9500 used a special clamp that was integrated into the sliding lid.

Also the early versions of the '9000 used a different decoder (twin DAC)and servo board to the later '9000,so swapping about with panels is a bit fraught!

Do you still have the decoder/cd psu pcb(the one with the heatsink) in situ to aid identification of the unit?

Nick

Keith
Top 500 Contributor
Shrewsbury
Posts 138
Bronze Member
Keith replied on Mon, Mar 4 2019 10:47 PM

I totally agree Nick, you buy the unit for spares and the next thing, you’ve repaired, cleaned and rebuilt the thing.

and yes, the Decoder CD is still in place.

Keith

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
Posts 764
Gold Member

If the decoder has twin TDA1541 dac i.c's it's the first issue type Beocenter 9000.These were very similar to the Philips CD150 but with subtle B&O differences,so the boards are not interchangeable.I know because I've tried!!

If the decoder has a single dac i.c,it's the later version,and should be a bit easier to find a donor cd mech to work with it.

Hope this helps?

Nick

Keith
Top 500 Contributor
Shrewsbury
Posts 138
Bronze Member
Keith replied on Tue, Mar 5 2019 11:52 AM

The Decoder is single dac.

I will just have to keep looking.

Keith

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS