Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Shape Amplier Powerlink In

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

nlanks
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
nlanks Posted: Wed, Mar 6 2019 10:55 PM

I have a Beosound shape which looks and sounds great, but the core and essence remotes are really bugging me. The remotes constantly lose their connections, and the chromecast doesn't work properly on the core.

Does anyone know what the Powerlink IN sockets on the amp are for?

I'm wondering if I can take an old Beosound 3000 (with a chromecast into the aux for streaming) and feed the powerlink out straight into the powerlink in of the amp, getting rid of the core and essence remotes?

Thanks

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
nlanks:

I have a Beosound shape which looks and sounds great, but the core and essence remotes are really bugging me. The remotes constantly lose their connections, and the chromecast doesn't work properly on the core.

Does anyone know what the Powerlink IN sockets on the amp are for?

I'm wondering if I can take an old Beosound 3000 (with a chromecast into the aux for streaming) and feed the powerlink out straight into the powerlink in of the amp, getting rid of the core and essence remotes?

Thanks

There is an alternative solution. If you buy a Beoremote One BT, you can pair it with the Core and control your Shape. See the link below:

https://youtu.be/kHsz_3EC3nI

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

nlanks
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
nlanks replied on Thu, Mar 7 2019 7:15 AM

Thanks, I didn’t realise that. Is it likely to be more reliable than the essence remotes? Having to re-pair each time through the app is a real pain.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Those who already tried this, seems to be rather satisfied with the remote controlling.

I agree, that tou should try this out first before making further changes to the setup.

The amp can be run from any BeoMaster/-System or BV with PL-outs, no problem.

Since your Shape setup is a L/R config with just one amp, you should be able to change from the BS Core to your suggested BS (with the Core connected to the Aux-in) - but this will give you a less fluent user interacting.

If you are content with the way the Shape/the Core works now, please give the BeoRemote One/BT a try.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi,

MM is correct, you can run a Shape with one amplifier and up to 4 speakers without a Core, but you do need a Core briefly when you set it up, to program the amplifier to operate without the Core.  If you need any help with cables to get this connected, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

tommyshelby
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

I am having a different issue related to that. The thing is that IO have tried to connect my iTunes with this but the connection did not established. I thought that I would connect connect it with iTunes and have the access of that but it gave me iTunes error 9. How would I do that and is it possible to get connected.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS