Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram CD X - sensitouch pads not responding.

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

bmw540
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
bmw540 Posted: Sat, Mar 9 2019 10:20 AM

Yesterday I picked up a nice Beogram CD X for only 25 $ in a garage sale.

The seller said that everything worked alright and it looked very fine without scratches and so on.

Now I am home and I have hooked it up, and none of the sensitouch pads responds when I touch them.

The player turns on when pressing the flat play button on the front, and the lid opens when pressing the eject button.

When I insert a CD, nothing happens when I touch the play sensitouch pad. If I turn the player off and on again the lid closes and the CD starts playing and it plays fine until the end of the CD.

But as mentioned none of the sensitouch pads responds during play.

My question is, will the sensitouch pads only respond to touch by fingertips?

I have no arms or hands, so I use my feet and toes as hands and fingers and therefore I also press the pads with my toes.

Would there be a reason for the sensitouch pads not to respond to toes? 

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sat, Mar 9 2019 10:32 AM

Hi, 

Welcome to Beoworld!

Nice purchase, congrats! Smile

My guess is some bad solder joint on the front command PCB. I've seen a few.

If the player was taken apart before, it's possible that the PCB was badly put back into place too, or not tight enough...

Nothing too serious methinks. Take it to a competent technician to have it fixed.

Jacques

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Mar 9 2019 1:23 PM

The conductive rubber stubs under the operating panel can lose conductivity.
Often it can be fixed by adding a blob of solder to the top of the pin on the circuitboard to increase contact pressure.

Martin

bmw540
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
bmw540 replied on Sun, Mar 10 2019 8:15 AM

Thank you for your answers Smile

I hope you are right that it is a technical issue and not my toes that doesn´t work on the pads, because I really like the look and sound of the CD X.

Also I am planning to buy a nice Beocenter 9500 to hook it up to, but if the sensitouch pads can not be operated with my toes then it would not be the wisest thing to do. 

Is it an easy fix, that I would be able to do myself, or should I find a skilled technician?

I am quite good at soldering, but I have mostly done stuff like installing new lamps in old receivers and so on.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS