Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSound 9000 Aux Port

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

MisterDarlin
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
MisterDarlin Posted: Tue, Mar 19 2019 3:26 AM

Is the BeoSound 9000 aux port input or output? Can I use it as a line out with an adapter? Or can I only use the headphone jack?

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 177
Bronze Member
beoaus replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 5:22 AM
Yes, with the correct cable.

Goodluck Beoaus.
PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 218
Bronze Member
PaulGiles replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 6:57 AM
We have used this port when connecting to SONOS connect when the BS9000 is connected to speakers to incorporate into a SONOS system for the rest of the house.

Works well.
Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Bronze Member
Beosince98 replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 10:43 AM

The aux connector is for connecting auxiliary equipment to the Beosound 9000, and therefore is input only. You can get output via the power link at the back or the headphone jack.

MisterDarlin
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member

Beosince98:

The aux connector is for connecting auxiliary equipment to the Beosound 9000, and therefore is input only. You can get output via the power link at the back or the headphone jack.

Noted. Does one powerlink port carry a stereo signal? Would this cable do the job?

https://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/110-329-5-pin-din-to-twin-rca-powerlink-compatible-to-non-bo-hifi-amplifier-receiver-etc-din-to-twin-phono.html#/2-length-1m

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi,

Please note that the Aux port on the Beosound 9000 is both an input AND an output.  It can be used either to send a stereo source into the 9000 (ie. to add an iPod or Sonos player to the B&O system), or to give a line level (not volume controlled) output from the 9000 to an external system (eg. to play CD and radio from the 9000 to Sonos players in other rooms).

The difference between the output of the Aux socket and the Powerlink sockets is as follows:-

1) The Powerlink outputs are affected by the volume level of the 9000, whereas the Aux output is not

2) Different wiring is needed in the cables for each socket, so you need the correct cable for Aux Out or Powerlink Out

Both the Powerlink and Aux sockets carry stereo signals (ie. left and right audio within one socket).  Powerlink is an output only.

Please feel free to get in touch via my sponsor link below if you need any help with the correct cables to connect to the 9000 and I will be pleased to assist.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Siemianowice Sl., Poland
Posts 111
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 1:32 PM

Hi,

it works both ways pins 1,4 are out while 3,5 are in, pin 2 is gnd

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Bronze Member
Beosince98 replied on Thu, Mar 21 2019 10:02 AM

I apologize for my false answer to your question!

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds replied on Mon, Dec 14 2020 5:33 PM

Hello to the forum,

I do have the BS9000 and since  a while the new SHAPE, I would like to use the AUX function to get the CD signal to the line-in,

if I`m using my TV it`s worling perfect, now I`m struggling with the BEO4 remote, as soon as I select AUX the CD player comes to a stand still...?

Maybe I do need another setting, but followed this:

- Press "STANDBY" (red dot button) and "LIST" simultaneously.
  (Beo4 display should display "ADD?" - if not - repeatedly press "LIST" till display is showing "ADD?")
- Press "GO"
- Press "LIST" until "A.AUX" is displayed.
- Press "GO" - the Beo 4 should display "ADDED"

To select a function/source of your "LIST"
- repeatedly press "LIST" until the desired function/source is displayed
- press "GO" to send the command.

Thank`s for any advice and Cheers, Lothar

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Dec 14 2020 6:26 PM

^  If sending an A.AUX command to the BS9000, you are setting AUX as its input source, hence the reason that the CD stops playing.   Whatever source is playing on the BS9000 will be output from its AUX socket all the time.

Your problem would seem to be either with the cables, or setting the correct input on your SHAPE.

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds replied on Tue, Dec 15 2020 5:09 PM

Thanks, that sounds really good, and as the Shape does work with my TV I do need to investigate again into the adapter, 

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 11:13 AM

I just connected my B&O A8 Earphones to the AUX adapter, but no signal,

if I use the earphone outlet both sources are working, (Radio and/or CD),

so it looks like I got a bad adapter from my dealer, right?

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi,

Please use the headphone socket on the edge of the Beosound 9000 to connect your earphones, not the Aux socket, then they should work fine.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 12:00 PM

Penfolds:

Yes, it is quite common for DIN adaptors to be the 'wrong way around' - i.e inputs instead of outputs.  If you explain the problem to your dealer, he should be able to swap for the correct lead.

AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 373
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 1:08 PM

Guy:

Penfolds:

Yes, it is quite common for DIN adaptors to be the 'wrong way around' - i.e inputs instead of outputs.  If you explain the problem to your dealer, he should be able to swap for the correct lead.

The dealer shouldn't be selling a DIN adaptor anyway - the headphones plug into the headphone socket, not any of the DIN sockets!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 1:44 PM

^ Steve and AdamS need to read Penfolds' 14 Dec post to make sure that they are answering the right question, which has nothing to do with headphones!!

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Fair point Guy!

I was answering Penfold's latest enquiry, but yes, to answer the original question, this does sound as though he has an Aux input adapter, not an Aux output adapter.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds Embarrassed [:$] replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 2:07 PM

Thank`s Adam, but I used the A8 headphones only to test, if there is any signal, because I will use that signal for my CORE as line-in. !?

(same as the TV)

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds Snail [sn] replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 2:11 PM

Ahja,

sound`s like I`m on the right track, will let you know the outcome ASAP, but Covid is slowing down...

Penfolds
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Penfolds Erm.. [8-)] replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 5:07 PM

My dealer told me that I would need a unique = selfmade adapter as they are "usually only made" for AUX in,

and that no AUX out adapters available, can anybody please advice me what I should order?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 5:22 PM

I agree that it is very difficult to be sure what you are buying!

Unless Steve sells a suitable single cable (but his website is down until tomorrow), you could go for the following 'safe solution'.

Buy something like this:  https://smile.amazon.co.uk/MainCore-Female-Stereo-Adapter-Extender/dp/B07QDTKLLH/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=din+to+4+phono&qid=1608139102&sr=8-4 

And then this: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Splitter-Controller-Connector-Gold-plated-Green/dp/B00LM2Y2U4/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=phono+to+3.5mm&qid=1608139209&sr=8-4

Thus you can be sure to connect the second cable to the two phono sockets that are connected to the output connections of the DIN. 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Penfold,

Please feel free to get in touch tomorrow via my sponsor link at the foot of the page and I will be happy to help.  Please let me know that you are Penfold from Beoworld so that I know about the conversation!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Thu, Dec 17 2020 7:39 AM

As Steve said, most definitely both. This creates a means to connect a Masterlink Audio Master (eg BS9000) to an MCL Audio Master (eg BC9500). Using a Beolink converter would create a "fight" between the two audio masters, so I had Steve make a special crossover cable. I can listen to the MCL system on the BS9000 by pressing ATAPE (or AAUX), and listen to the Masterlink System on the BC9500 (and in MCL link rooms) by pressing ATAPE2. Practically speaking it allows analog music from a record deck to play on the BS9000, and Digital Music from a Beosound 5 on the BC9500. 

-Beogregg

Page 1 of 1 (23 items) | RSS