Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 1900 Hum

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

natty
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
natty Posted: Fri, May 31 2019 5:45 AM

Greetings,

I have owned a Beomaster 1900 for about 6 months now. I bought it along side a pair of Beovox 3700s. For the duration I have owned it I have used it to play audio from an Amazon Alexa through the Beocord input. It has had a low hum since I have owned it and is always present on every channel. The hum increases and decrease in volume when I raise and lower the master volume. The hum also gets much louder if I turn up the bass.

I recently came into possession of a Beogram 1600. I could always stomach the sound of the hum when listening to music from my phone, but having the incessant hum while listening to vinyl is unbearable. Any remedies I could try? I have also eliminated the possibility of a ground loop.

Thanks,

Nathan

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
Posts 764
Gold Member

This is a common problem with these unit's,and is nearly alway's due to a failing rectifier.

However,if no other work has been carried out to the unit over the year's,it will almost certainly need replacement of many of it's capacitors too,which will be showing their age!!

Are you technical? Whereabouts are you?Perhap's there is an enthusiast near to you who could carry out the work?

Nick

natty
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
natty replied on Sat, Jun 1 2019 9:08 PM

Yes, I am technical. I’ve seen that people on here sell kits for repairs. As long as I had detailed instructions I am sure that I could figure it out. I’m in Kansas in the US.

Nate

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
Posts 764
Gold Member

If you upgrade your membership,you can download the service manual from this site.

Contact member Dillen for a service kit,that I imagine will also include a replacement for the suspect rectifier diode.

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS