Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Missing photos in forum

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Leif
Top 500 Contributor
Middle Jutland in DK
Posts 130
Gold Member
Leif Posted: Sun, Dec 2 2012 7:37 PM

Hi, looking through som old threads, there is only a small box with a red cross inside instead of the attached photo.

What can I do to see these photos?

Rgs, Leif

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:30 PM

Are you looking at the archived forum or this one?

If it's this forum, it could be a case that someone has simply linked to an image somewhere, which has been removed or deleted..

Martin
(For 9 LEE)

Leif
Top 500 Contributor
Middle Jutland in DK
Posts 130
Gold Member
Leif replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:07 PM

The archived one.

I really want to see the photos of the 6001. 

http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/33670.aspx?PageIndex=1

I do have some other special ones whish are painted black ( a strange rougth surface): Beomaster 1400, Beomaster and Beolab 1700.

I got them from a nephew to a closed dealer nearby, who received them from B&O as shop models.

BM1400 with a white label printed: First line: BEOMASTER 1400   T2659, 2.nd line: Serial no, 3.rd line: 2017030 and stamped with blue SORT B8.

He was told by the uncle, it was common use when introducing new models. If there are other changes I don't know by now. They do work ok.

But I have never seen any during my hunting for models with sliders.

I'm trying to build a collection (including Beograms & Beocords and the likely Beocenters) with, hopefully, all the slider models from the 1200 from 1973 to the 4400, which I guess was the latest of these models.

Rgs, Leif

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 331
Gold Member
Magnus replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:39 PM

You can see one picture here:

http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.01.13.20/dsc02976.jpg

The problem is that the pictures point to "archivedforum2.beoworld.org" instead of "archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org", så just right click on the picture -> properties -> copy the link to the picture -> paste it in the address bar and switch "forum" with "archivedforum".

Magnus

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:42 PM

http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.01.13.20/dsc02976.jpg

Just right-click on the image icon and copy the address. Then replace "forum" with "archivedforum".

/  Johan

EDIT: I got second place.. :-)

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:46 PM

There you go: Smile

I called my self "Loudspeaker" earlier. I just want to point out, that I'm the copyright owner of the images.

Just noticed, that two kind fellas beat me how to see the images. Smile

- Dennis

Leif
Top 500 Contributor
Middle Jutland in DK
Posts 130
Gold Member
Leif replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:54 PM

Thanks guys.

@Dennis: How does it diffesr from the 6000 - except the number?

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 10:24 PM

DaneLeif:

I do have some other special ones whish are painted black ( a strange rougth surface): Beomaster 1400, Beomaster and Beolab 1700.

I got them from a nephew to a closed dealer nearby, who received them from B&O as shop models.

The Black BM 1400 you are referring to...Is it like this ?:

Leif
Top 500 Contributor
Middle Jutland in DK
Posts 130
Gold Member
Leif replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:39 AM

Yes - looks the same.....

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:29 AM

The "black" Beomaster 1400 is not really black but more of a medium grey.
The coating is Nextel, it feels like rubber (which it is) and is very difficult to clean.

The Beocord 1500 cassettedeck was also available with Nextel finish.
I have both.

There are other rarities like Beocord 2700, white Beomaster 901 and matching Beocord a.o..
Some of them were discussed in the now archived forum.

Martin

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

Magnus:
 The problem is that the pictures point to "archivedforum2.beoworld.org" instead of "archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org", så just right click on the picture -> properties -> copy the link to the picture -> paste it in the address bar and switch "forum" with "archivedforum".

Or, in case you are using Firefox, have the computer earn its wages and do all this for you:

1. Goto https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/ to download & install Greasemonkey (you will need to restart Firefox afterwards)
  2. Goto http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/132101 and install the script (from the Install button at top right)
  3. Goto https://greasyfork.org/fi/scripts/35173-beoworld-archives and install the script
  4. Visit for example this thread and see the missing images magically reappear (the browser title bar tells you how many items were fixed)
  5. Profit!

It will also fix links to other threads in the archives, which suffer from the same problem.

--mika

jrantala
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Sorry, but the actual script and its directory seem to be missing...

-jari

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

Oh yes, sorry. Install it via the "install" button (top right) on the userscripts.org page, it should work.

The externally hosted version is indeed missing, as the server gave up the ghost a while back and I haven't restored that host from the backups yet. It is the same version of the script anyway (I updated the instructions in the above post).

This script will only fix images that had been included from the user's Media Library on the forum (if the images have originally been uploaded via the Options tab during composition, they don't suffer from this problem to begin with). If they are linked from some external service such as ImageShack and have expired there, then they unfortunately really are lost.

--mika

hemenex
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 569
Founder
hemenex replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:51 PM

Mika,

now THAT's something! Yes - thumbs up

Just browsed through my old archived BM4000-travel thread and there's no comparison to the text only-version - completely worthless without pics.

Thanks for your effort Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile - especially as I didn't see any empty pic-frames to right-click on...

Gunther

Leif
Top 500 Contributor
Middle Jutland in DK
Posts 130
Gold Member
Leif replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 6:15 PM

Was the Nextel comon use or is the purpose for it ,as I was told?

Leif

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:47 PM

Common, no.
Rare, not really either.
I have seen a few here and there. I've parted with one, I think,  and I believe I have two or three
Nextel Beomaster 1400 still in my collection and one or two Nextel Beocord 1500 cassettedecks.

I am not sure why they were made in this finish.
Can't imagine someone actually thought it looked particularly good, eh ?
An experiment maybe, but why this many then ?

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS