Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 4400 whining

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

JontyMaster
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
JontyMaster Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:28 PM

I wonder if there is anyone out there who can help with a problem that has just arisen on my Beomaster 4400.  The fault relates purely to the tuner section.  All other inputs (phono, tape, etc) work just fine.  When I select any of the tuner buttons the 2 red tuning lights and the strength meter no longer light up.  There is a whining/whistling noise that appears to change pitch with the frequency on the tuning dial.  When I press the presets in sequence I now get a sound more like the soundtrack of Close Encounters of the Third Kind!  There is a complete absence of any radio station just a high (or low!) pitched whining.

Any ideas where I should be looking?

Thanks,

Jon

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 1:15 PM

Have you checked your ariel ? Sounds to me like you have plugged the ariel out.

JontyMaster
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

That was the first thing I checked.  But as some of the lights are out it can't be that.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 1:38 PM

Still no luck ? Check the solder joints for the tuner piggyback boards.
A little difficult to reach the innermost ones but it can be done.

Martin

JontyMaster
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

OK thanks Martin.  I will take a look.  I just needed to know where to start looking.  I couldn't see any obvious broken wires but didn't look any further into considering resoldering the connecting wires.

Jon

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS