Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 2400 balance slider not working properly

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

jaggieplaysdrums
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
jaggieplaysdrums Posted: Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:47 AM

I just "inherited" a 2400 from my Dad, which he bought in the late '70's.  He told me to the best of his knowledge it was working fine.  When I got it home and hooked it up, everything worked fine except there was little or no sound coming out of the right side(I have checked, and both speakers work perfectly).  I then proceeded to very carefully remove the top cover and panel, exposing the potentiometers underneath.  I used contact cleaner on the exposed metal bands alongside the potis, and very thoroughly cleaned them.  I used compressed air to blow any loose dirt out, and tested the unit; the problem remains.  What steps can I take on my own to save this wonderful receiver?  Although I am not a trained repairman, I understand the basic language of repair.  ANY help will be greatly appreciated!

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 6:37 AM

There are two tracks in the potentiometers (one that is hidden inside). They must be desoldered and disassembled in order to get to the other track.

/  Johan

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:09 AM

And you will find that the little bronze contacts have broken away from the sliding plastic bridge.
Glue them back on and watch out for their tiny coal tips (if not already blown away by the compressed air).

Martin

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Check here

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS