Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1500 motor cleaning

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

wswitzer
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
wswitzer Posted: Mon, Jul 29 2019 1:45 PM

My Beogram 1500 is having speed problems (very, very slow).  From other similar threads I'm assuming the motor needs to be disassembled and the bearings lubricated (the belt was replaced just last summer).

I'm not the most handy when it comes to wiring and small parts... and I live in the Middle East so there is really nobody here to repair this vintage beauty - so if possible I'd like to send just the motor abroad for servicing. 

Any advice regarding the difficulty of removing (and later re-installing) this part?

Thanks,

W.

TrackMan
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
TrackMan replied on Mon, Nov 30 2020 11:48 AM

Hi wswitzer, I have just joined the forum and have seen your request. I had the same problem with a Beogram 1000 and found this useful site http://www.richardsradios.co.uk/beogram.html which tells you how to dismantle and clean/lubricate the motor yourself. Hope this helps if you haven't already done something with it already.

TrackMan

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Nov 30 2020 1:21 PM

And when the bearings are out, they will have to cleaned in acetone, dried and fresh oil will have to be infused into them under vacuum.
Several threads discuss this (for other Beogram models perhaps, but the principle is the same for all Oilite bearings).

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS