Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Have they discontinued the awful Beocom 5 phone set.

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

simjos04
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
simjos04 Posted: Sun, Mar 11 2012 2:26 AM

I was wondering if they discontinued the junk know as Beocom 5? I was perusing the B&O site and it was removed from the online ordering and its no longer on Amazon either. Someone was thinking sober and made a good decision. Any truth to the discontinuation?

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 9:24 AM

I hope not.

I still have the problem...base lost connection..i hope they will solved this problem.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 12:42 PM

Junk? Why do you say that?

Since my phones were upgraded to the latest s/w - along with the base - I've never had a single drop out or issue.

Everything is resolved for me, even the crackling you used to get on the (speakerphone) ringer.

I'd urge you to get your phones upgraded, plus your base, and double-check they really have the new software. One of my Beocom 5's didn't take the software and I had to bring it back to the dealer to get it upgraded again.

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

First post on the new forum....

I've had the BC5 since July IIRC and never had anything to critisise it by. Works just as you would think it too.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 2:12 PM

It's not junk,it's a very nice phone.

juanherrero
Not Ranked
UK
Posts 2
Bronze Member

I was a strong critic of this phone when it first appeared - it just DID NOT WORK. Mine went back to the shop. A month ago I tried again, and it now works perfectly - excellent speakerphone too. One small criticism - the cheap USB-power socket had bad connections and had to be replaced - ie the mains plug with a local 2 or 3-pin adadptor.

Schlaumeier
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 132
Bronze Member

koning:

It's not junk,it's a very nice phone.

Indeed!

Beste Grüße / Best regards

Schlaumeier

Setup Livingroom: BeoVision 10-40 and 10-32, BeoLab 6000 front, BeoLab 4000 rear, BeoLab 11, Ouverture, Apple TV 2 & 4, Airport Express, 6 x LC2.

Other Rooms: 3 x BeoSound 8, BeoVision 8-26, MX 4002, 2 x Keyring, 2 x Beolit 15, A1, Airport Express, 4 x Beo4, 2 x Beocom 5

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS