Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Core & Avant 55

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

cge01
Not Ranked
Paris
Posts 21
Bronze Member
cge01 Posted: Mon, Aug 26 2019 6:11 PM

Good evening,

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forum.

I would need your advice on the Beosound Core.

I currently have a Beovision Avant 55, with 4x Beolab 9 connected to it using PowerLink. I would like to be able to stream airplay/chromecast music and use MultiRoom capabilities with my other MultiRoom capable products in the house.

My understanding is:

Can I connect the Beosound Core to my home Internet router (via Ethernet) and the BV Avant to the router too (Ethernet).

Then to listen to music, I would have to switch on the TV, select the right source on the TV remote and start streaming from my phone to the Core.

Is this correct?

If so, would an Essence Remote be useful and what can I do with (I understand I could change the volume and flick through the sources of the core i.e. line in and airplay in my case).

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Christian

Living room Avant 55 MK1 - BL5 x2 - BL6000 x2 - BS3200 - Core - NL/ML Converter - Thorens turntable 
Bedroom BV7-40 MK6 - BL4 x2 - BL8000 x2 - BL11 - MLGW - Lutron GFX - RaspberryPi Domoticz
Bathroom BL2000 on BLC1611 with Chromecast audio
Kitchen Core - BL3 x2
Garden Core - Beolink Passive on 2x Bose Freespace 51

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Aug 26 2019 6:58 PM
I don’t really have an answer to your question, but I have been looking at a similar issue and think I may have found a solution, so I thought I would post it here as a possible solution and as question....will it work? I would like to add multiroom with a Core to my Beovision 10 with BL 1s as fronts and BL6000s as rears. I see that Almando has a switch that allows two sources as input and one set of Beolabs as output. Their web page shows an example with a BV10. My thought is to connect the front speaker powerlink from the BV10 to the Almando and a Core to the other Almando input. Then the BL1s for the output from the Almando. If I am understanding the web page this would give me full multiroom control of the Core and 1s via the app...no need to turn the BV10 on, and the 1s would still function as fronts for the 10 when it is turned on. If I am right, perhaps it would work for you also. The following link is what I am thinking of trying. Only differences between what is shown here, and my setup is that I would connect a Core instead of the BS5 Encore, and there would also be rear speakers connected to the BV10.

https://almando.com/index.php/b-o/bo-ohne-masterlink.html

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Aug 27 2019 8:33 AM

You can use the Core in an "Integrated" setup with your Avant. You can place the Core anywhere you want as long as it is connected to the same network as the Avant. Both can be connected via Wifi or Ethernet.

You will map the sources from the Core to buttons on your BeoRemote One, and can select the speaker group you want to use for each source (so e.g. only BeoLab 9's for Music/Deezer, and only Avant-speaker for TuneIn-radio. Etc, etc.). You don't necesarilly need the remote to start playback, you can start it from the Beo-App (select the Avant, tap on the 'Music' or 'Radio' button and select the album or station you want to listen to).

You can't use the Essence-remote via BT through the Core in Integrated-mode. All communications go through the Avant. So if your Avant is Gen1 (IR), you can use the Essence-remote in IR-mode.

If your Avant is Gen2 (BT), your options are more limited. I believe you cannot use the Essence-remote in that setup, but would be happy to be proven otherwise...

cge01
Not Ranked
Paris
Posts 21
Bronze Member
cge01 replied on Tue, Aug 27 2019 12:09 PM

Hi 1990,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that I can use the Core as per the setup I require, provided that I leave the TV on when I want to play on my Beolab 9 speakers that are connected to it.

That's perfect. Thanks.

Christian

Living room Avant 55 MK1 - BL5 x2 - BL6000 x2 - BS3200 - Core - NL/ML Converter - Thorens turntable 
Bedroom BV7-40 MK6 - BL4 x2 - BL8000 x2 - BL11 - MLGW - Lutron GFX - RaspberryPi Domoticz
Bathroom BL2000 on BLC1611 with Chromecast audio
Kitchen Core - BL3 x2
Garden Core - Beolink Passive on 2x Bose Freespace 51

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS