Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Moment: Stuttering Playback

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

hostler
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
hostler Posted: Wed, Sep 4 2019 8:22 PM

Recently moved house, during which my (previously working) Beosound Moment has been boxed up for a few months.

Setup in the new house, and it ran a software update, and now Deezer playback has an intermittent stutter on some tracks. Hard to pinpoint what causes it, and skipping a track 'cures' it as-it-were, however it's not an acceptable cure.

I remember reading that a recent software upgrade was causing this issue for others, but dispute searching I cannot find the relevant posts. Could someone point me to the right thread and whether this can be fixed. I seem to remember there might be a rollback request perhaps?

No DNLA sources, just Deezer HiFi, which has worked flawlessly for many months, the the Internet connection is uncontested and has plenty of capacity and low latency.

Many thanks in advance

Tom

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Sep 5 2019 12:23 AM

I believe that the stuttering is usually associated in cases of an integrated setup with the Moment and a BeoVison/BeoSystem/ or NL/ML Converter.. The stuttering will ultimately result in no sound at all. You'll need to request from BeoCare a rollback to a previous software version. And please complain STRONGLY to BeoCare that this is still happening! It's truly inexcusable.

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
Posts 223
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Thu, Sep 5 2019 7:32 PM
I’m stuck in the same boat waiting for B&O to push a fix. While I could get in touch with them and get them to roll it back to an older version (a hassle I should have to deal with for a product costing nearly 2 grand) I’d rather they just pulled their finger out and got on with it.
hostler
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
hostler replied on Fri, Sep 6 2019 10:51 AM

Thanks Beojeff - that makes sense.

The moment is (now) integrated with a BV11-55, sharing WISA speakers.

Will Beocare respond, even if the Moment is out of warranty I wonder?

Such a shame, having waiting so patiently for the v1.x software to finally be revved to v2 to fix so many of the launch issues, it was finally a stable and usable system that met expectations. 

T

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
Posts 223
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Tue, Sep 17 2019 8:21 AM

The general release version of the software still hasn't been fixed.  In addition to the stuttering I've noticed that it's not picking up new additions to my collection (on a Mac Pro running Twonky).

Last night I went to listen to an album on Deezer only for it to only play the first 30 seconds of each track.  Then I switched over to DLNA thinking I'd get lucky and it started stuttering immediately.  In the end I just turned everything off.Super Angry

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Sep 17 2019 9:57 AM
andy_js:

Last night I went to listen to an album on Deezer only for it to only play the first 30 seconds of each track.

Looks like all Moment users are facing this issue. Just do a Deezer logout/login in your Moment setup and it will be ok.

Note: there is currently a Gracenote issue, B&O should be working on a resolution. Symptom: if you refresh/reset your libraries you may end up with no artist image on the tiles (except for the ones managed by yourself if you use the expert mode) and the Moodwheel inner ring is not functional.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Sep 17 2019 11:22 AM

hostler:

Thanks Beojeff - that makes sense.

The moment is (now) integrated with a BV11-55, sharing WISA speakers.

Will Beocare respond, even if the Moment is out of warranty I wonder?

Such a shame, having waiting so patiently for the v1.x software to finally be revved to v2 to fix so many of the launch issues, it was finally a stable and usable system that met expectations. 

T

BeoCare should not be able to get off the hook from responding to you just because the unit is out of warranty. This isn't a situation where the hardware has failed. The reason for the problem is that B&O made changes in the software that have rendered the unit useless.They don't seem to be interested in fixing the problem that they've created. We need to keep making a lot of noise to get their attention.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Sep 17 2019 12:03 PM

Same story  for me as well. Beocare's response was to contact my dealer.

Beocat47
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Gold Member
Beocat47 replied on Wed, Sep 18 2019 11:19 AM

After waiting in vain for a fix to this problem from B&O, Last Monday I finally cracked and contacted them through the 'Contact Us' page on their website, using the webform option.

On the page entitled 'Submit a question to our support team' there is the option to select 'Complaint' In the Category dropdown box:  I selected this, then gave them an explanation of my problem, mentioned that I was aware others were affected, stated that I thought the situation unacceptable for all Moment users, and finished by requesting a rollback.

After a few days of emails and further queries about my setup, my software was rolled-back to 2.2.31594.26265250 on Friday. B&O followed it up swiftly with a personal message and a short survey - a result I was ultimately happy with. 

So far no further problems playing Deezer/Tunein from my 2014 Moment to ML sources via the ML/NL Converter; I just wish I had contacted them sooner.

Perhaps raising a Complaint this way is how to get a prompt solution from B&O?

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Sep 18 2019 2:05 PM

Just did the same thing as Beocat47. Fingers crossed they will answer shortly.

hostler
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
hostler replied on Fri, Sep 20 2019 10:35 AM

I'm still waiting for BeoCare to respond. I have supplied my Serial Number and SW version, and they have escalated to "the Back Office" to see if this is possible.

To be fair, this moment is only used occasionally, so I'm not in a burning rush ... but it all feels a bit disjointed and unconnected on their end.

If I do manage to get a rollback, I'll disable auto-updates for a very long time indeed.

Will let you all know how I get on

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Sep 20 2019 5:45 PM

Hello all

the customer care replied that they suggested to contact my dealer so he can proceed with the roll back of the software. They said that it can be done over the internet but in order to avoid any complications that might come up it is better to take the moment to the dealer to proceed with the roll back

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
Posts 223
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Fri, Sep 27 2019 12:35 AM
A per customer rollback is a cop-out and piss-poor way of doing things. They should roll back everyone’s software until they get their Q/A figured out. We wouldn’t tolerate this from any other company and quite frankly my patience has worn out.
Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Sep 27 2019 7:18 AM

andy_js:
A per customer rollback is a cop-out and piss-poor way of doing things. They should roll back everyone’s software until they get their Q/A figured out. We wouldn’t tolerate this from any other company and quite frankly my patience has worn out.

I totally agree.

hostler
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
hostler replied on Sat, Sep 28 2019 8:04 AM

Totally agree.

My rollback has been agreed by Beocare. I'm travelling at that the moment (ha!) so I can't verify if it's happened or not, but will update the thread when i'm back.

Tom

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
Posts 130
Bronze Member
My story is since last Thursday I notic my moment had the b and o logo in the screen and i cant do nothing, cant enter the menu even taking off the back panel. What is going on with b and o.

Current b and o Products

beosound 5 encore, beolabs 6000, beogram 4500, playmaker mk1

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Oct 9 2019 11:35 AM

Beocat47:

After waiting in vain for a fix to this problem from B&O, Last Monday I finally cracked and contacted them through the 'Contact Us' page on their website, using the webform option.

On the page entitled 'Submit a question to our support team' there is the option to select 'Complaint' In the Category dropdown box:  I selected this, then gave them an explanation of my problem, mentioned that I was aware others were affected, stated that I thought the situation unacceptable for all Moment users, and finished by requesting a rollback.

After a few days of emails and further queries about my setup, my software was rolled-back to 2.2.31594.26265250 on Friday. B&O followed it up swiftly with a personal message and a short survey - a result I was ultimately happy with. 

So far no further problems playing Deezer/Tunein from my 2014 Moment to ML sources via the ML/NL Converter; I just wish I had contacted them sooner.

Perhaps raising a Complaint this way is how to get a prompt solution from B&O?

Would you be kind enough to tell me the software version of you sound heart and software version of the "tablet" you run without problems?

Thanks

hostler
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
hostler replied on Wed, Oct 9 2019 11:46 AM

Update from me ...

After a long wait, Beocare agreed to roll me back too ... and this seems to have fixed the issue.

I played continuous Deezer streamed media for 3-4 hours last weekend, with no stuttering. Same general conditions, and some the same albums too.

According to my Moment the versions I'm running are:

I've disabled auto-update and will continue to monitor, but for now I am happy. 

However, I have fallen foul of the fallout between TuneIn and the BBC, and have lost my favourite BBC stations on the Radio service ... but that's not B&O's fault exactly ... but very annoying nonetheless!

Hope helpful

Tom

beoewok
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
beoewok replied on Wed, Oct 9 2019 1:36 PM

Hi hostler! factory reset the Beosound Moment and it should work fine after. Smile

Beocat47
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Gold Member

Hi Tassos,

Yes - My Jukebox application build is 2.2.2.3900, and my Soundheart is currently running software version 2.2.31594.26265250; everything has remained very stable since the rollback when joining the Moment from both NL and ML devices.

I'm just sorry to hear that B&O seem to be offering this on a case-by-case basis.  I'd be inclined to go back to Beocare and demand an explanation as to why some customers such as myself can get a working solution within five days, whilst others are directed towards their dealer without a satisfactory answer.  Unless they offer a good explanation for some technical reason, I wouldn't be happy at all.

Best of luck in the meantime.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Oct 10 2019 4:34 PM

Beocat47:

Hi Tassos,

Yes - My Jukebox application build is 2.2.2.3900, and my Soundheart is currently running software version 2.2.31594.26265250; everything has remained very stable since the rollback when joining the Moment from both NL and ML devices.

I'm just sorry to hear that B&O seem to be offering this on a case-by-case basis.  I'd be inclined to go back to Beocare and demand an explanation as to why some customers such as myself can get a working solution within five days, whilst others are directed towards their dealer without a satisfactory answer.  Unless they offer a good explanation for some technical reason, I wouldn't be happy at all.

Best of luck in the meantime.

Thanks for the reply. It is funny that I am running the same version with you on the jukebox but a different on the soundheart (I run 2.2.29827.253289881). When I try to update I get a message that my moment is up to date! I will contact the dealer tomorrow.

Thanks a lot

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Oct 10 2019 5:33 PM
Tassos:

Thanks for the reply. It is funny that I am running the same version with you on the jukebox but a different on the soundheart (I run 2.2.29827.253289881). When I try to update I get a message that my moment is up to date! I will contact the dealer tomorrow

Interesting indeed as I was on the beta track and the latest version for my SH is also 2.2.29827.253289881. Looks like others have had more recent versions, if higher numbers mean more recent .... which is usually the case.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Thu, Oct 10 2019 8:01 PM
After my rollback (or upgrade) I’m also on 2.2.31594.26265250 version.

No more Multiroom problems, now only new problem with DLNA not working with inner circle on the moodwheel and problems with artist images not showing for local DLNA

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
Posts 223
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Wed, Jan 1 2020 6:07 PM

It seems B&O still haven’t pushed a fix. I cannot believe they treat customers like this.

Page 1 of 1 (24 items) | RSS