Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Sometimes don't wake up after standby mode at BeoMaster 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 4 Followers

bennie17
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
bennie17 Posted: Tue, Sep 10 2019 7:59 AM

I upgraded HDD to Crucial BX500 960GB SSD (Micron).

During 3 days, there are no problem of waking up.

That is,

1) After go to standby(Push the back red button),

2) if push the "Go" button of Beosound 5,

3) it was waked up and play the music.

But Now,

within almost 30 minutes, it's waked up well.

but after 30minutes, it's not worked, It show the blue error screen.

If reset the BeoMaster 5, I can play the music.

If you solved this problem, inform me plz.

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Fri, Nov 29 2019 8:02 PM
I have the same problem with the Crucial MX500 1TB.

I have red that Crucial MX500 and BX500 use the same controller chip.

I’ve now switched my BM5/BS5 to

Power Saving = OFF It seems that I have less boot up problems ( seems a bit normal as the BM5 does not have to boot )

I will see how this works for the next 3 days and inform you here.

BTW I’ve ordered a Sandisk ULTRA 3D 1TB, this own seems to have the same controller as the MX100 and MX300

WD and PLEXTOR should also have a drive with this controller.
marexy
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 710
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Wed, Jan 22 2020 6:56 PM

Hi 

any of you find anything regarding that issue ?

I have the same problem with my MX500 ssd :(

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Thu, Jan 23 2020 11:37 PM
Forget about the MX500, I struggled with it fir months.

I bought the Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD (1TB) , it has the same Controller chip as the MX100 and MX300 and it works just fine and ultra fast.

MX500 has a different (newer) controller chip.
AMD4ME
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 10
Bronze Member
AMD4ME replied on Mon, Aug 24 2020 10:09 PM

Hi Gerard, got a question.

which model do you actually use?
There are 2 1TB models of this Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD:

• Sandisk Ultra 3D (SDSSDH3-1T00-G25) 1TB
    (SDSSDH3-1T00-G25)

Is longer around on the market
or this one?
  • Sandisk Ultra 3D (SDSSDH3-1T02-G25) 1TB
    (SDSSDH3-1T02-G25)

(Is fairly new to the market)
It seems that both models have the same controller, the Marvell 88SS1074

P.S. How did you clone it on the
Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD?
Many thanks!
AMD4ME
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 10
Bronze Member
AMD4ME replied on Mon, Aug 24 2020 10:27 PM

gerard:
Forget about the MX500, I struggled with it fir months.

I bought the Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD (1TB) , it has the same Controller chip as the MX100 and MX300 and it works just fine and ultra fast.

MX500 has a different (newer) controller chip.

Almost Gerard Smile
the MX300 is using the Marvell 88SS1074B1 controller. The Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD (1TB) is using the Marvell 88SS1074 controller.

I have been looking for a while what the difference could be with the B1 controller but I did not find out ...
Would this controller be the predecessor of the (later released) Marvell 88SS1074 itself or would this controller still have something extra or less than the main 88SS1074 controller?

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Mon, Aug 24 2020 11:01 PM

I believe the Western Digital 'Blue' 3D NAND SSD is the same drive as the Sandisk Ultra 3D, so it should also work (and is often a little cheaper). I'm going to try the 2TB version soon since I'd already upgraded my BM5 to a 2TB hard drive and I don't want to loose capacity when I switch to SSD.

AMD4ME
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 10
Bronze Member
AMD4ME replied on Tue, Aug 25 2020 2:36 PM

riverstyx:

I believe the Western Digital 'Blue' 3D NAND SSD is the same drive as the Sandisk Ultra 3D, so it should also work (and is often a little cheaper). I'm going to try the 2TB version soon since I'd already upgraded my BM5 to a 2TB hard drive and I don't want to loose capacity when I switch to SSD.

Hi riverstyx,

there are many ways to clone it. How did you clone it to the 2TB harddisk before?

Cheers

• Filed under:
riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Tue, Aug 25 2020 5:17 PM

AMD4ME:
How did you clone it to the 2TB harddisk before?

My method is probably not useful to the majority of members here, but I connected the old and new drives to a linux PC and used 'dd' to clone the drive, then 'parted' to expand the partition to fill the extra space. I seem to recall needing to use the recovery process on the BM5 and then trigger an update before it would boot successfully after this, but it has been faultless since.

Martin.

AMD4ME
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 10
Bronze Member
AMD4ME replied on Tue, Sep 8 2020 8:03 PM

riverstyx:

I seem to recall needing to use the recovery process on the BM5 and then trigger an update before it would boot successfully after this, but it has been faultless since.

Hi riverstyx,

Could you be a little more specific what steps you took on the B&O when you first installed the SSD (which had undergone DD and parted)?
Because you are talking about a recovery process and an update
Have you done a recovery step with the B&O Windows XP embedded and the update you are talking about was done with the B&O service tool?
thanks in advance

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member

It was a long time ago, so I can't remember precisely.

To be clear, my upgrade was from 1TB (factory installed) to 2TB HDD, not SSD (I'm planning at some point to move from 2TB HDD to 2TB SSD).

I connected both drives to a linux PC, and used dd to copy the existing drive to the new drive, then used parted to expand the data partition to fill the extra 1TB.

At this point, having reinstalled the new drive in the BM5, I seem to recall there was a popup error dialog box from XP during boot - sorry, too long ago to remember exactly what error, but given this was an windows popup, it was obviously quite late in the boot process.

I rebooted the BM5 and selected 'BM5 recovery' from the boot menu and proceeded to reinstall the factory software from there, and after this process was complete the BM5 booted fine, but was obviously on an old version, so next I triggered a software update (from the menu on the BS5).

I didn't use of the B&O service tool at all.

Hope this helps,

Martin.

AMD4ME
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 10
Bronze Member
AMD4ME replied on Wed, Sep 9 2020 9:37 PM

riverstyx:

I rebooted the BM5 and selected 'BM5 recovery' from the boot menu and proceeded to reinstall the factory software from there, and after this process was complete the BM5 booted fine, but was obviously on an old version, so next I triggered a software update (from the menu on the BS5).

I didn't use of the B&O service tool at all.

Hope this helps,

Martin.

Thanks for your quick response Martin.
After what you've typed, the steps are now a lot clearder to me.
I had already done the BM5 recovery step. That next step you are talking about (software update from the menu on the BS5) is it just to be found when you log into Windows XP embedded?
I don't have a beomaster 5 myself, but I do it for someone else and he has the beomaster 5 at his home. So now I cannot check in real time where the software update from the menu on the BS5 is exactly.
thanks!

P.S.
For others who are reading this:
I cloned the original HDD to this SSD:
Sandisk Ultra 3D (SDSSDH3-1T00-G25) 1TB
This SSD has the Marvell 88SS1074 as controller and works perfectly in the Beomaster 5.Thumbs Up

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member

The software update should happen automatically given time, but if you google for the 'Beosound 5 installation guide' and look at page 34 of this pdf, you'll find the procedure for triggering it manually, either with or without a BS5 connected.

Kind regards,

Martin.

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Mon, Dec 28 2020 10:39 PM
AMD4ME:

P.S. How did you clone it on the Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD? Many thanks!

Sorry for the late answer,

My first cloning HDD 500GB -> HDD 1TB was done with the sharkoon clone station as described here in the forum.

After that I started a just for fun project:

cloning the hdd to ssd on the BM5 with the help of a linux boot stick running on the BM5 , there are pictures of this project somewhere here on the forum. But it never came to an end, was working at 90%, I think I was nearby to succeed, but could not figure the last errors and as there was little interest here gor the project I stopped loosing time.

To clone the HDD to the Ultra 3D SSD , I used the service tool which I managed to get my hands on in the meantime. This worked very well and I would recommend using it.

regards

gerard
gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Mon, Dec 28 2020 10:43 PM
riverstyx:

I'm planning at some point to move from 2TB HDD to 2TB SSD

If you have any new info on compatible SSDs keep us informed.

regards

gerard
Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS