Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang-Olufsen App and Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

frammeloo
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
frammeloo Posted: Sun, Sep 15 2019 7:03 PM

I recently installed the App and was able to pair it with my Beoplay H8. I can control the H8 through the app (volume, noise cancellation, listening mode and few other settings of the H8.

I have Deezer Hifi and also a Twonky DLNA server running. Both are setup in the App.

But, I cannot select any music from the DLNA server through the App. When I push the play button in the app it starts a song from Deezer, but I cannot see what is playing now. Neither does it show that I'm playing Deezer hifi.

I feels as if only part of the app is installed. Very strange or the H8 nog fully compatible with app?

Surged the web, but was unable to find any answers to my questions.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2019 2:38 PM

Hi - The app is not a DLNA renderer, just a controller, so you cannot listen to DLNA music in you H8 this way.

Rel to Deezer, it is more or less the same, the app will control Deezer running on the B&O products that have Deezer support embedded, excluding headsets by definition.

If you only have a headset from B&O, then the app is just useful for configuration and software updates.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

frammeloo
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
frammeloo replied on Mon, Sep 16 2019 3:25 PM

Thanks mbolo01.

Ok. So does that mean that, other than being a configurator for my H8, the other bang-olufsen functionality will show up when I start using it with compatible B&O device? 

If I lookup the App's ad shows more functionality than what is visible on my iPhone today.

I can add that functionality by adding a BS core to my Masterlink based system, correct? :

BS2500 (other location), BS9000, Beolink Passive, BL3500, BL4000, BL4, BL6000, BL8000, BS3, BS7000 (other location), Beovision 3, Beovision Avant. (last 2 on it's way out).

Again Thanks.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2019 4:52 PM

frammeloo:
I can add that functionality by adding a BS core to my Masterlink based system, correct?

The App controls network products and I guess you'll need a NL/ML gateway to "control" your Masterlink products, but I have no knowledge here to be honest.

If you add a Core to your setup and then the Core as new product into the App, you'll be able to control it a from there and play configured sources such as Deezer, DLNA, TuneIn, Airplay, Chromecast through the Core to the attached speakers.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS