Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 6000 Quad Aux Input defective

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 908
Bronze Member
Manbearpig Posted: Thu, Sep 26 2019 9:21 AM

Dear members,

my otherwise perfectly working quad doesn't work on Aux input only. What can be at fault (and no, it doesn't depend on the switch position)?

Greetings,

Kai

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 2,040
Silver Member
Craig replied on Thu, Sep 26 2019 3:29 PM

Hi

Is this the BM6000-2702 Quad? and if so when you press AUX button does the lamp illuminate? was it working fine up until now? oh....and its always helpful if you post a pic or two.....

Regards Craig

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 908
Bronze Member

Dear Craig,

yes 2702 Quad. MK3 with red indicator light. And yes, Aux illuminates when pressing and did work until recently. You can hear a faint „windy“ sound in the speakers when you are really upclose.

Greetings,

Kai

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 2,040
Silver Member
Craig replied on Fri, Sep 27 2019 9:30 AM

Ok

Do you have any experience in fault finding, any test equipment at all...it may be something as simple as a bad connection from the AUX input socket in over. Some diagnostics will need to be carried out and for this you will need some test equipment and the ability to read the circuit drawing....you will also need to dismantle the unit to take readings.....I'm sure we can help if you can do the basics at your end....and take pics too as this always helps

Craig

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Sep 27 2019 11:29 AM

Are you sure, you are using a cable with the correct connections?
Has it worked before?

Martin

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 908
Bronze Member
Manbearpig replied on Fri, Sep 27 2019 12:38 PM

Dear Martin,

yes, I am pretty sure that the cable is not at fault. I also tried connecting the Beocord 5000, which works perfectly on tape, but doesn't on Aux (again switch position correctly adjusted). Therefore, I suspect it is not the cable. However, maybe I should try again just to make sure.

Yes, it did work until recently and all other inputs do still work on all channels.

Thanks again!

Kai

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS