Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Refinishing BeoBox S75 Speaker Stands

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

BeoWilli
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
BeoWilli Posted: Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:10 AM

I just purchased a pair of BeoVox S75s with their original stands. The stands have some scratches and rust spots. I'd like to refinish the stands to get them looking like new again. Any recommendations on methods? A new paint job would make these look amazing, but I want to get it as close to the original finish as possible. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 11:12 AM

Should be relatively simple - I did a pair a few years ago and simply rubbed down, and used a filler primer and then sprayed with paint designed for alloy wheels. Seemed a good match.

Peter

BeoWilli
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Great tip Peter...thanks!

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
Posts 672
Bronze Member
BeoWilli:

I just purchased a pair of BeoVox S75s with their original stands. The stands have some scratches and rust spots. I'd like to refinish the stands to get them looking like new again. Any recommendations on methods? A new paint job would make these look amazing, but I want to get it as close to the original finish as possible. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

If these were the Rosewood pair on UK eBay, then you may have got a real bargain, particularly if you are handy with cabinet restoration. Before and after photos of both speakers and stands would be great

Cleve
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS