Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connect Beosound 9000 and Beosound Core

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

AndersPersson
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
AndersPersson Posted: Mon, Oct 21 2019 7:45 PM

Hi all,

So I currently have one Beosound 9000 and four Beolab 4000.
I now plan to extend the setup with a Beosound 35 and a Beosound Core.

I have done some research on how to connect 9000 and Core and they all suggest using the AUX port.
But when I check the 9000 it has an optical out and the Core has an optical in so my plan is to use this.
The speakers would then be connected to the Core, not to the 9000.
This would allow me to use the Core and speakers without the CD.
Is there anyone that has any experience or at least input regarding the feasibility of this setup?

The idea here is that the Core will be the core of the system and if I play a CD on the 9000 the Core will propagate the sound to the 35 in a different room.

My main concern here is that for my planned setup I have to buy converting cables between the Core and the speakers and if my planned setup is considered crap my this forum then there is of course not much point in getting the cables.

In case it makes a difference, the 9000 has type code 2561 so I assume it is a Mk II.

Thanks for your ideas and input.

danielshen
Not Ranked
Posts 78
Bronze Member

I do no think 9000 has the optical out port; You can also consider to connect 9000' s powerlink to the core' s line in, then 9000' s CD music can play from the lab4000 connected to your core.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

No problem!

You’ll need a (small) converter from coax to optical.

Please beware that only the sound from the CD’s can be output through the digital out.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

AndersPersson
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

You are right. I just assumed that when the reference guide stated digital out if was optical. Wrong indeed when I now check the actual connectors. Thanks for the pointer.

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Thu, Oct 24 2019 1:12 PM

Should work...

And you will need a Powerlink dummy plug, if there are no Beolabs connected, to allow other audio options than OPT 0 to be able to remotecontrol your 9000 directly.

Stefan

AndersPersson
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

Better late than never...

I got the setup going after a lot of swearing about the connection between the core and the app. And broken equipment that needed to go back to the store for replacement.

This means that I should send a "thank you" to the people in the thread that took the time to help me with this issue.

So: thank you guys.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS