Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Looking for recommendations for 4K blu ray players

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Repoman74
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Repoman74 Posted: Sat, Oct 26 2019 9:52 PM

Hi, I’m looking for recommendations for a good quality 4K blu ray player to use with the eclipse tv. Unless I go with the x box option I probably won’t find a player that will fit on the back of the tv. Also I’ve read that x box players aren’t the best quality compared to players a little more expensive. I would like the player to be region free so I can play my collection of DVDs and blu ray’s. I don’t want to spend ridiculous amounts but I don’t want to compromise on quality either. Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Oct 26 2019 10:40 PM
Repoman74:

Hi, I’m looking for recommendations for a good quality 4K blu ray player to use with the eclipse tv. Unless I go with the x box option I probably won’t find a player that will fit on the back of the tv. Also I’ve read that x box players aren’t the best quality compared to players a little more expensive. I would like the player to be region free so I can play my collection of DVDs and blu ray’s. I don’t want to spend ridiculous amounts but I don’t want to compromise on quality either. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Panasonic UB820 is the one to go for.

It’s come down in price now, but was generally considered the best offering, unless you want to spend 700 to 1000 on one of the flagship players from Panasonic or Pioneer.
w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Sun, Oct 27 2019 1:14 PM
I would always recommend Panasonic for blu ray players.
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Oct 27 2019 4:08 PM

w5bno123:
I would always recommend Panasonic for blu ray players.

I've got a Pionner (again) - Panasonics are generally very well liked, and seen as the no brainer now that Oppo have gone - but I've always preferred the sound quality of the Pioneers over the Panasonics. That said, the Pioneers I've found to be a bit sketchy reliability wise, but I chose to live with a bit of a temperamental player.

Go for the Panasonic I suggested above, OP.

Everyone seems to love it.

Repoman74
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Repoman74 replied on Mon, Oct 28 2019 9:44 AM

Thank you that’s helpful 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS