Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoPlay A8 wireless setup fails

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Hero71
Not Ranked
Posts 79
Bronze Member
Hero71 Posted: Tue, Nov 5 2019 9:32 AM

I am unable to connect my BeoPlay wirelessly. It’s a type 2912. The app is no longer available on the App Store and I have tried following these instructions https://youtu.be/Pea0bX1ErDY but I am not getting the pop-up on my iPhone to share the WiFi setting.

I have done a factory reset of the speaker as well and repeated the above procedure without any luck. I have tried it using an iPhone XS, XR and 8 as well as with an iPad Pro. I don’t have a computer.

Any advise?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You should not need a computer for this.

Accessing the internal webpage of the A8 can be made by any browser (use your iPad).

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/userfiles/file/rightnow/beoplay_a8_computer_setup.pdf

Then you can make the settings.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Hero71
Not Ranked
Posts 79
Bronze Member
Hero71 replied on Tue, Nov 5 2019 10:10 AM

When I press the wireless button, I get a white blinking led. After a minute, I hear two beeps and it becomes an orange blinking led. I don’t see any BeoPlay speaker in my wireless network list.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

First, reset the unit by doing the following:

-Plug powecable into outlet.

-Press wifi-button on A8. Wait a few seconds.

-Press and hold middle front button, button on the rear of unit, and wifi-button, within 3 seconds. The wifi-button will turn red, now you can release the buttons.

-Wait a couple of minutes.

-Unplug the unit from wall outlet.

Now take your laptop and turn off wifi-connection on it.

-Plug a ethernet cable between your computer and your A8.

-Plug A8 into wall outlet, and press wifi-button on A8.

-Wait until wifi-button turns white.

You should now be able to enter the setup page of the A8 from your web-browser. the ip dress is on the back of the unit.

You can try with 169.254.22.11 or 196.254.22.11

On the setup page you chose what wifi the A8 should connect to. After it has restarted, you connect your computer to the wifi-network, and then you connect an ethernet cable between the a8 and your router. Then you can access the a8 setup from your browser again (note that the ip-ress has changed, I had to use Fring on my iPhone to find the ip-adress), in order to update the software.

Mine is MK1, and the latest software available for this unit is 3.0.5.

This was confirmed by support today.

Good luck!

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS