Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Stage Unboxing

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Carsten
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 44
Bronze Member
Carsten Posted: Thu, Nov 14 2019 10:41 PM

Very nice package picked up today at the B&O dealer Smile. Could not resist posting of my "unboxing foto's" (spoiler: not great quality shots):

Outer Box:

Inner box:

Content:

Installation and set-up awaits...

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Nov 17 2019 9:01 PM

Thanks for sharing :)  A bit upsidedown but anyway Smile  Love to see the complete installation and listening impression from a real home.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for sharing, that is great to see the Stage unboxing.  I have also filmed an unboxing and setup video of the Stage in store, which may interest you:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYPfGGBVwcQ

I look forward to seeing some pictures of the Stage once it is set up in your home!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Carsten
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 44
Bronze Member
Carsten replied on Tue, Nov 19 2019 8:43 PM

Sure - just need to tidy up first Wink

Had a bit of work with it as I put it on the wall twice - first by following the B&O template, but found the Stage sitting too far below the TV to my liking. Following the template there was approx. 5 cm from bottom of TV to top of Stage. I ended up mounting it some 2.5 cm below the TV which I found to give a more coherent appearance - more like "one TV unit" rather than a TV and a soundbar.

I was also wondering what to do with the 2 sticky dots found in the installation box (no instructions what to do with them), but found out they go on the back of the stage to make it flush with the wall. Without the stickers it had an ever so slight downwards tilt...

Setting it up was OK, however I was a bit surprised to have to go through Google Home... Then it got paired with the Beoremote one, and yes - you can then control the LG with the Beoremote Smile. Only issue I have had is that I can't control my AppleTV 4K (connected to the HDMI 1 on the TV) with the Beoremote. I can control it with the LG remote, so a bit strange...

I also connected my Beolab 18 by plugging the WISA stick in the TV (idea was to replace my Transmitter 1), but there is no sound control (bass/treble etc) possible with the WISA stick - so not too happy with that solution as the 18's sound more "flat". One nice feature of the WISA stick is that the 18's turn on much faster than what they do using the Transmitter 1. I'm now considering the Axiim Link WISA unit instead as it has a build in DSP. Has any of you out there any experience with the Axiim unit ? 

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member
andybandy replied on Tue, Nov 19 2019 10:06 PM

Hi Carsten

i have answear on your problem with control apple tv with your Beoremote one. 

At first time setup, before you connect your stage to the LG TV, you should turn off auto detection, before you connect stage. 

Because LG have a function that understand witch product that is connected, and make a handshake so it control the apple tv true IR with magic mouse. 

To fix this if this was not turn off, you go in an turn off auto detection. :Settings - connection - hdmi device settings - auto device detection, and make sure HDMI - CEC is turn on. 

Then you need to go into the HDMI you have your apple tv connected, and reset this handshake to magic mouse. 

Press home button on Beoremote one, go to home dashboard to left on the LG screen. go in the right top corner and find settings, go to device connector - go to set up box and find your HDMI 1, if it stand a remote control on the side off the hdmi, go and press reset device.
Then you can use your beoremote one. 

hope you get it work :) 

Your local dealer should know this :) 

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member
andybandy replied on Tue, Nov 19 2019 10:10 PM

Hi Again

I hope more people that buy this LG and Stage combination can use this post to give experience on other set up box and HDMI - CEC control true LG screen and with beoremote one. 

witch set up box can be full controlled with this system. Because this is not been so much exprience yet. 

Apple TV we now work, but other set up box. 

Cheers, 

Andreas

Carsten
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 44
Bronze Member
Carsten replied on Wed, Nov 20 2019 8:13 PM

Hi Andy,

Excellent - thanks, great help - appreciated ! 

Carsten
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 44
Bronze Member
Carsten replied on Mon, Apr 27 2020 8:25 PM

At last - final setup done. It took a while to find the proper furniture needed to hide all the ugly electronics.

Now I'm just considering if we should change the front cover on the Stage to a different color. TV can be controlled by a BeoRemote One - that I like and use - and the LG remote - that my wife like and use... oh well...

Donbirger
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 16
Bronze Member
Donbirger replied on Mon, Apr 27 2020 8:35 PM

Hi carsten

2 questions:

1. Why get the stage when you have the 18’s?

2. how would you compare the stage against the 18’s for movies and music

Carsten
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 44
Bronze Member
Carsten replied on Mon, Apr 27 2020 10:57 PM

Well - good questions Smile

1. At the time I bought the Stage, there was no way to connect the 18's wirelessly directly to the LG, and no way to just play music without the LG screen being turned on. So in short, I could not get a smooth Music/TV user experience with LG + 18's. For the smooth experience I had to buy a B&O TV, but I was not prepared to pay the price for the B&O OLED experience.

So second best was a "B&O light" version where the Stage would give the TV sound a boost, plus allow me to use the BeoRemote One for the LG+AppleTv (one remote for all). Since I already had the 18's from my previous set-up, I did connect them to the TV and is able to use them, but not at the same time as the Stage. On top it's not super user friendly - but - important - my wife can manage to turn everything on and make it work... 

I really hope the next Stage will have WISA build in allowing me to connect the 18's to the Stage for a full B&O sound experience - and listen to music without having to turn on the TV. 

2. The 18's are almost 4 time the price of the Stage, and also a good deal better to listen to. The Stage is excellent value for the money, but can't match the 18's in "airiness", definition and clarity and naturally - the broader stereo perspective. The Stage do however deliver a sold bass rumble / subwoofer punch that for some movie scenes can impress compared to the 18's.

Donbirger
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 16
Bronze Member
Donbirger replied on Tue, Apr 28 2020 10:38 AM

Thx for the answer. My dream setup is eclipse with BeoLab 18 and 19 sub. But with small kids (3 and 4) I don’t dare. 😁 I got the stage 2, it’s a good sound bar. But can’t really understand why they not made is possible to add a subwoofer or/and surround speaker. Sonos can do that, for a way cheaper system. (Got complete Sonos before B&O) while I love the stage I do miss surround and a little more rumbling bass in movies.  

Carsten
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 44
Bronze Member
Carsten replied on Tue, Apr 28 2020 5:53 PM

Well - we had same dream set-up Smile. A Stage with WISA/further connections and abilities would be a bit like an Eclipse - but without the TV. And I suspect that limiting the Stage at this point is to protect sale of TV's... But it's going to be interesting to see if B&O at one point will offer a "Bring your own TV" and "connect to our sound system" for a "best of both worlds" solution. Lets see.... 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I am not sure, that I agree.

In my understanding B&O wanted to make solid sounding, simple (and good looking) solution for the majority, that don’t care much for adding speakers at the side or behind and certainly don’t want a subwoofer in the living room.

Ok - the could have made that an option.

But then it would have cost much more developing and in retail.

The Stage solution as is, is perfect for a lot of people, who would like to buy into B&O and be able to control things with a BROne.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Donbirger
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 16
Bronze Member
Donbirger replied on Tue, Apr 28 2020 7:58 PM

I agree that’s was what they intended with the stage, but a full 5.1 or 7.1 atmos dsp chip, don’t cost a lot I think. (Just see Sonos can do it with a soundbar, 1/4 of the prize) and B&O already has the experience in making surround sound. 

Many people has wondered why they dint make that option.
still if people just want a good looking soundbar that sound good to. Fine, buy it as the only living room speaker for tv and maybe music. But some might want that ease of a soundbar but with the extra options like sub and surround... 
 it’s perfect for a lot of people, but could be even more perfect for a lot more people, if they have given people the possible to add a sub or surround speakers. The people who only just want a soundbar and nothing else, would not stop buying it, because you can add sub/speaker to it. If they like the design and sound the still buy it. And it will still be easy to use with beoremote 1 

Donbirger
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 16
Bronze Member
Donbirger replied on Tue, Apr 28 2020 8:07 PM

Carsten:

Well - we had same dream set-up Smile. A Stage with WISA/further connections and abilities would be a bit like an Eclipse - but without the TV. And I suspect that limiting the Stage at this point is to protect sale of TV's... But it's going to be interesting to see if B&O at one point will offer a "Bring your own TV" and "connect to our sound system" for a "best of both worlds" solution. Lets see.... 

Haha 😆👍👍 well rumors has it, that you soon can change the panel off the eclipse to a newer one. (But it stills a full package) The stage might be a good idea for them to see what people want/buy. As I heart it sells quite good. Guess many is buying their own lg/Samsung/Sony tv, but now they can get good sound and design from B&O for not a lot of money... A new lg oled and a stage, is still way under half price of an eclipse. 
Soundbar has become very popular in many homes, and people are now more interested in surround to. The WAF factor is there, no big speakers, no big receiver, tons of cables.
quire pretty box of sound, wireless rear and sub. Can be hidden in corners. That appeals to many I think. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Found on a danish forum....

The owner made a ‘new’ wall for his Stage/C9 combination.

Text is in danish - but there are lots of pics to enjoy.....and get inspired from.

https://www.flatpanels.dk/flatforum/viewtopic.php?t=49542

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Text is in danish - but there are lots of pics to enjoy.....and get inspired from.

MM

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 223
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Wed, Apr 29 2020 8:08 PM

Millemissen:

MM

Can I just say, Surprise Surprise Surprise!!!

That has got to be one of the cleanest installs I've ever seen. I almost want to offer to ship the guy a cable sock.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS