Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 2 CD clamper not opening

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

gadmin
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member
gadmin Posted: Mon, Nov 18 2019 11:43 PM

Hi all, I have a Beocenter 2 which for some reason the clamper is intermitent at opening. I press the load button the wings open but the clamper does not, neither do the lights come on. I can hear the motor and if I press the load button again then the clamper opens and closes followed by the wings closing. I believe this is to do with a belt under the right door, but I am unsure how to access this. I tried to take the back off with the four brass allen bolts but these did not seem to want to come out, they loosened slightly then got tight. I did not won't to force them out and  brake anything so left it as is as I am unsure if these were  the right bolt to remove. Any help on this would be very much appreciated 

ThanksSmile

shinji
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
shinji replied on Thu, Dec 5 2019 1:01 AM

Hello gadmin

The cause of your beocenter 2 malfunction is undoubtedly because the belt under the right door has deteriorated and stretched. It can be cured by replacing the belt.

To remove the door, turn the two brass screws on the back of the door to lift the door. Turn the plastic screw between the two brass screws 180 degrees to unlock the door.

Good luck.

gadmin
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member
gadmin replied on Thu, Dec 19 2019 6:47 PM

Thanks for the reply and advise Shinji, that worked a treat, although the original belt looked OK, it may have stretched as you said. I did replace with a belt of the same diameter but slightly thinner but this seamed worse. I have just received another belt and spare cogs so will be opening it up again at the weekend.

Thanks

gadmin
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member
gadmin replied on Sat, Dec 21 2019 4:10 PM

Replaced the Belt with an original B&O belt and all is Beocenter is working perfect now Big Smile 

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Sat, Dec 21 2019 8:31 PM
Hi

Could you please give us the part number of the B&O belt ?

And where did you get it

Thanks
gadmin
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member
gadmin replied on Mon, Dec 30 2019 8:35 PM

Hi, Sorry I do not know the part number, I bought a Beocenter 2 parts bundle off Ebay which contained the belt and a few other bits. What I did notice is that the belt seamed very similar in size to the Beocenter 9000 sliding door belts which are available on Ebay. Unsure if they have the same elasticity but may work. My old belt had become slightly egg shaped and slightly hard, probably due to age.

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member

Just to add that sometimes this fault can be caused by dirt on one of the large cog in the gearbox assembly.

Once the doors are removed you can see an optical sensor that is screwed to the top of the gearbox housing. If you remove this you can then clean the gear wheel below with a q-tip. As you rotate the gearbox you will see there light and dark sections on the gear wheel below that allow the sensor to detect the current position of the gearbox.

Martin.

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Thu, Jan 2 2020 9:57 PM
Interesting!

Thanks Smile
Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 147
Bronze Member
Alsfeld replied on Sat, Jan 4 2020 12:00 PM

CB:
Hi

Could you please give us the part number of the B&O belt ?

And where did you get it

Thanks

I had the same problem, the part number was 2732004

69er
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Bronze Member
69er replied on Fri, Mar 26 2021 1:47 PM

Assuming, you ordered this part at your B&O Dealer - could you please say something about the costs?

Best regards

69er

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS