Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocentre 7707 and non B&O speakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

celfan
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Gold Member
celfan Posted: Mon, Dec 16 2019 3:15 PM

Hello. I just purchased a used Beocentre 7707 and I'm looking for speakers.  A couple of questions...

There is a very reasonably priced set of MB Quart Domain 55 Floorstanding Speakers in my area, however I can't track down a user's manual for specs so I'm not sure if the 7707 can power these?  I  found this information on line....

"One word of caution, the impedance on these is 4 ohms, so make sure that whatever amplifer you are powering this with is comfortable at that level. Music power handling 175 watts"

Second question. Would you say the overall sound of the 7707 is bright, neutral, or warm? I know this can be a difficult question to answer, but I have a problem with high frequency and overly bright equipment can sound distorted or shrill to me. These speakers have a titanium tweeter so I'm already a bit skeptical, especially since I owned a pair of Canton speakers, also German, which were too bright for me.

I'm going to listen to them this afternoon, I can't bring the Beocentre since I just bought it and it needs a few tweak before I play it.

Thank you

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Dec 16 2019 3:49 PM

4 ohms impedance will be fine for Beocenter 7007, as long as you don't use more than one pair of speakers.
The sound of 1970s and 1980s B&O is generally considered warm, particularly that of the discretely built amplifiers like this one.

I dislike the modern shrill and sterile sound, and would prefer that of a Beocenter 7007 any day.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS