Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BR1 Problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw Posted: Tue, Dec 31 2019 9:04 PM
I have a BR1. It is configured to have Beo4 AV as a source to control my BV7 and Masterlink products, Core to control my Core, and BL50 to control my 50s. It has worked flawlessly since I purchased it. Recently it has developed an occasional problem. I will have it in Beo 4 mode, turn on a product, the screen then goes blank on the BR1, it appears to reboot and says Bang and Olufsen on the screen, then comes back on in Core mode. I have replaced the batteries. Any thoughts?

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
So sorry to suggest this, Razlaw, but perhaps perform a factory reset of the BR1?

LIST > SETTINGS > ADVANCED > FACTORY RESET

Lawrence
Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Besides factory reset and try again i wouldn’t know

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Jan 1 2020 3:29 PM
Thanks. It is a weird problem. Not sure which is easier, dealing with the occasional problem, or reprogramming it after a factory reset.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member

Grasping at straws here...  If it mysteriously just started happening, maybe a firmware update has occurred and that has a bug?  My dealer said only that "updates to the remote happen automatically, over Bluetooth, when connected to a product via BT, in standby."  I don't know if that's true, and if so, how to tell.

Does anybody know how to command a BeoRemote One BT to display its firmware version?  If we could get that info, then maybe we could eliminate that as a possible source of problem, because I bought mine around the same time you posted your BL50-choosing-what-to-buy post.  If they are identical, that isn't the problem because I guarantee mine has not been updated (I only use it in Beo4 mode and it has never been paired with anything).

If updates are occurring, then reprogramming your remote after a factory reset might be a good idea: Anybody who had, e.g. Oppo or Sony Blu-Ray players with configuration memory & disc data caches tripped across bugs because the layout of the storage was supposed to be unchanged (or adjusted at first-power-cycle) but wasn't.  Worth a try if nothing else helps.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Jan 1 2020 8:57 PM

trackbeo:

Does anybody know how to command a BeoRemote One BT to display its firmware version?  If we could get that info, then maybe we could eliminate that as a possible source of problem, because I bought mine around the same time you posted your BL50-choosing-what-to-buy post.  If they are identical, that isn't the problem because I guarantee mine has not been updated (I only use it in Beo4 mode and it has never been paired with anything).

List, then select settings, and the bottom of the options will be version which provides some info.

Since posting my question, the problem has not recurred. LOL

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Wed, Jan 1 2020 9:13 PM

Not much help, but I experienced this same problem a while back when I was considering buying a second br1. My br1 reset pretty much every time I switched between my bv8 and essense. I was surprised no one had complained, especially since you had talked about using the remote in this way.  I decided that it must be something peculiar in my setup.   Needless to say, I didn't buy the second remote because two consistently working remotes is better than one flakey remote.

I cannot find the software version on my remote.

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member

Razlaw:
List, then select settings, and the bottom of the options will be version which provides some info.
Maybe having a Bluetooth device paired allows that?  Because my LIST / Settings / does not have a menu item labeled "Version" -- the last item in Settings menu is "Advanced".  (Advanced does not have a "version" item at its bottom either.)  Might your "Version" item be providing data about the current device, rather than the remote -- since the LIST button is presumably a list *for* that particular device? 

If your problem went away, you win!  But I still hope someone tells us how to figure out when/whether the remote was updated & to what... I don't even know if what my dealer said about automagic updates was the case.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Jan 1 2020 9:58 PM
Stan:

I cannot find the software version on my remote.

It should be the last item in the settings menu, just after advanced.

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Wed, Jan 1 2020 10:15 PM

[Post lost to "Moderation" weirdness...  Briefly:] My remote does not have a "Version" item inside LIST / Settings.  Suspect this is because the version is actually of the *device* for which the LIST button is programmed, and not the remote itself?  But maybe it's just because I have never paired BT, only IR'ed.  Would still appreciate anybody who knows for sure (& how updates work) to chime in...

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Jan 2 2020 4:08 AM

Mine is paired with my Eclipse and doesn't display a version under List / settings.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jan 2 2020 6:53 AM

Sorry, late to this, but mine has been doing the same over the last month or so.

In my bedroom, I have an Avant Mk 1 55 and an A9 MK2.

The BR1 (IR) is used to control both, but generally lives paired to the Avant.

Recently, mysteriously, every other day or so it will switch back to the A9 as its default.

I changed the batteries on the BR1 about a month ago, and pretty sure I noticed an update going through on the unit.

But yes, i get the same behaviour - not only does it switch itself to the A9, but I often see the Bang & Olufsen words on the display.

I'd complain, but that would-be a waste of time.

I also recently changed the batteries - my dealer says imperfect battery connection may be the issue, or that using Duracells sometimes causes an issue, as opposed to Panasonic batteries. I dismissed this as nonsense though.

His only other suggestion was to rename my A9, so that it wouldn't be alphabetically first in the product list, which is what the BR1 defaults to on resets.

I have not noticed the same issue on my BR1 in my lounge which controls my BV12-65 / BS 4 combination.

Razlaw:
I have a BR1. It is configured to have Beo4 AV as a source to control my BV7 and Masterlink products, Core to control my Core, and BL50 to control my 50s. It has worked flawlessly since I purchased it. Recently it has developed an occasional problem. I will have it in Beo 4 mode, turn on a product, the screen then goes blank on the BR1, it appears to reboot and says Bang and Olufsen on the screen, then comes back on in Core mode. I have replaced the batteries. Any thoughts?

Beozip
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 368
Bronze Member
Beozip replied on Thu, Jan 2 2020 8:09 AM

Stan:

Mine is paired with my Eclipse and doesn't display a version under List / settings.

here you go to show the version ...

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/20419.aspx

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Jan 2 2020 1:17 PM
Beozip:

here you go to show the version ...

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/20419.aspx

I tried the method shown in that thread. It worked. But it showed exactly the same information as it shows when selecting settings and then arrow down until version is displayed. I wonder why my BR1 has the version in the settings menus but others do not seem to from reading this thread.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Jan 2 2020 3:21 PM

By any chance are you using the magnetic wall holder?

The wall holder has a tendency to briefly disconnect the battery contact with the IR-only remote -- which would cause a similar result to what you're experiencing.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Jan 2 2020 4:41 PM
No, I am not using the magnetic wall holder. However, sometimes I set it down on or near my iPad which has a magnetic case on it. I will have to pay attention and see if that is when the problem happens.

Thanks! You may have solved it.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS